Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 Busa vs Old Busa

taubiota

Registered
So I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday morning before a ride. A few friends and I ran up to Keyser, WV to meet up with Brian and his friend. I forgot your name already but I just wanted to thanks you again for letting me take your lowered 2008 Busa on a short little ride. It was a great change for me to compare the old verses the new. I really appreciate it!

So this is my opinion on the old verses new bike after 29,000 miles on my 2003 and about 5 miles on the 2008. So remember, this is just my opinion. Don't kill me.

- The first thing that I noticed is that the new bike felt much narrower at the thighs. That was a good feeling for a guy like me with short legs. It gave me a better sense of control over the bike when stopping or when stopped. The whole bike seemed narrower in general but that was the most appealing part for me of it being narrower.

- Starting was easy and the engine was VERY quite. Too quit. Definitely needs aftermarket pipes! No question! Still I was in a "semi aroused" state!

- I loved the gauges and the way they looked while riding. However, I found myself looking in the wrong places for the stuff that I had become accustom to on the old body style. It would take no time at all to get use to it though.

- The windscreen was much better than the old one and felt better at speed. (100+) Yep, I had to get it up to speed and was not desappointed!

- Power delivery was a little more crisp but not as noticeable as I thought that it would be. I was expecting a much better improvement. It is an improvement though! I just had to lower my expectations.

- Handling is different for sure. I would not say better or worse because it would take a lot more than 5 miles or so to figure that out. It felt very different and it took me awhile to get use to my own bike again after riding that one just a short distance. Brian's friend obviously was very comfortable with it as he was taking turns "Punisher Hayabusa" style and at decent speeds. I liked the handling better watching him take turns than when I rode it. I just think that it's soo different that I'm not use to it and he definitely was more confident on it.

- Styling was love/hate! I loved the way the bike looked from the front and sides. I hated the way it looked from the rear. It looked better than the old busa from the front and side but looked like a ZX12 from the rear. Little Spaceship tail w/small hump, and HUGE Cheeks(I mean Pipes). Just not enough a$$ on that girl! He would pull up from behind me and watching him in the mirror made me hard! Only to have it dissappear to negative inches after looking at that rear end on that bike as he passed. It was like watching a really hot chick from behind the bar, asking her to dance, and when she came out from behind the bar you found out that her a$$ was bigger than my belly! I just don't know if my belly and that girl's a$$ are anatomically able to "hook up". You know what I mean? Just looks weird.

- Overall. Definitely a better bike. Is it better enough to make me not buy a left over 07? Sorry Suzuki, hell yeah! Those 2007 bitches are going to rot on the showroom floor.

Now, can someone do something about that bitches a$$?!! It needs a little help!

P.S.

He had a gel seat and although it looked better, it was not more comfortable that the stock seat. I felt like I was sitting on a CBR. Not worth the money if your going for comfort.

the only thing for sure is the gen.1 busas are way cooler looking---

I have done too much to my baby to throw her to the side for a newer model just for the sake of being newer,wouldnt want to start over again

side_shot.jpg

Saturday I rode my 2006 K1 to a dealer 30 miles away to look at and ride a 2007 Busa. The 2007 was parked right next to a 2008 Busa. I have to admit that the 2008 looked a lot more "modern" than the 2007. Much more refined and less "bulbous". As for the test ride on the 2007 all I can say is IT IS HUGE !!! Its so much bigger than my K1 !!! They also had a ZX14 there and I swear the front tire will arrive 30 minutes before the rest of the bike. There is a huge amount of bike in front of the clip ons. My K1 felt like a 250 after the ride on the Busa...until I hit the throttle !!!

There are numerous things you can do to the Gen2 to make the rear-end not so...well, what you said.

Anyway, glad you liked it.

I'm knocking on 15,000 miles on my Gen2; frankly, I don't spend a lot of time looking at the rear-end.

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

I have done too much to my baby to throw her to the side for a newer model just for the sake of being newer,wouldnt want to start over again
+1 DevilDog. I feel the same way in that I've done soo much to my bike that I don't want to start over with a new bike.

Now, can someone do something about that bitches a$$?!! It needs a little help!
In your analogy, think of it this way; The girl w/ the big a$$ behind the bar, think of her as J-lo or the like, she has a big a$$ but it's nice. And after your are dating and have rode it(the bike
smile.gif
) and like the performance you'll fall in love with dat a$$...savvy?

Maybe.....but I just don't know. I have to get a new bike eventually and it will be a new Busa. I just don't know if I will ever warm up to that tail section. I do love the rest of the bike!

Me and a friend switched bikes....mine an 03 copper and his an 08 orange/black. I also was expecting more. The 08 seemed to have a little less low end but a little more on top, but not the huge diff I was ready for. My bud also said he expected my 03 to be a dog....but said it actually felt a little snappier down low than his and not too much softer up high. I guess since the 08 is still the exact same frame/motor with a few engine tweaks and new bodywork it makes sense they're gonna feel similair.

I find Myself wanting a 08 More and more!!

seen one street race a 07 GSXR1000..08s is a mean beoch!!!

cool.gif

And would have to get rid of one of my bikes(have 3)love having a light bike and the king but not getting rid of My baby!!!!!

SA400104.jpg
l:

but not the huge diff I was ready for.
Exactly what I'm thinking. I was at the dealer last night and they had both generations beside each other, i also have to admit that the new one looks more modern. But, i think I'll wait for the 3rd generation if there will ever be.

Call me crazy.......but since I've seen some custom 08's, I like the way the tail looks with the stretched, lowered, and custom 08's !!

I like'em
rock.gif
, but I'am still not impressed enough to trade in my 06 yet
sadnews.gif
. Maybe for a 2010
whistling.gif
, but not yet
blonde.gif

Your not crazy! Different strokes for different folks! You know what I'm talking about Willis?!

It's deffinately not for me! When I get a new one the tail will be replaced as quick as the exhaust!
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom