08 Busa dyno numbers from Brock

(marlboroman71818 @ Sep. 23 2007,08:54) you cannot compare one dyno to another. they need to get to of them together that are bone stock.
All of the numbers I have been seeing quoted so far are on the same dyno (Brock's) with the same correction methods.

It looks like we are comparing apples to apples here.

(Professor @ Sep. 23 2007,07:47)
(marlboroman71818 @ Sep. 23 2007,08:54) you cannot compare one dyno to another. they need to get to of them together that are bone stock.
All of the numbers I have been seeing quoted so far are on the same dyno (Brock's) with the same correction methods.

It looks like we are comparing apples to apples here.
my bad the American made cycles threw me off on one of the dyno charts. another thing is how much the weather differences play into it. how much difference would the humidity make? Isnt STD uncorrected? I thought SAE was corrected hp?

(marlboroman71818 @ Sep. 24 2007,03:02) another thing is how much the weather differences play into it. how much difference would the humidity make? Isnt STD uncorrected? I thought SAE was corrected hp?
Both SAE and STD are correction methods that correct for weather conditions. There are actually several other methods (EEC and DIN come to mind) but SAE and STD is the most common used in the US. The SAE is weighted a bit different that the SAE. Generally it is accepted that STD will show a bit more horsepower numbers then SAE which is likely the reason some builds like using the STD method.
Regardless of the method chosen, they are still pretty reliable for making comparisons as long as the same correction method is being used with each dyno run.

If you ever have a motorcycle or car dynode using Dynojet software, insist on getting the file for your runs. You can then use the software to view your runs in any way you prefer.

(ks-waterbug @ Sep. 22 2007,12:38) Yea baby.....

In Bone Stock Form................
Old Gen Busa approx 155 RWHP
ZX14 approx            169 RWHP
Gen II Busa approx   177.5 RWHP

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Who's your Daddy now?</span>
poke.gif
Hey bug lets not get too hyped up yet
wink.gif
laugh.gif
We don't want any nasty suprises
wow.gif

Just for reference here's Sport Riders 1/4 mile times for the ZX-14R... date 8-06, 1/4-9.689 @ 145.90
And heres the rwhp numbers from Motorcyclist- Ninja ZX-14 ('06) hp-175.7 @ 9550, tq-106.2 @ 8050, 1/4-9.76 @ 144.78
I suspect between the ringer bikes that all manufacturers supply the press, and the differences in dyno's on diff days (even the same dynos) and the way setting up a dyno can affect the readings, that these bikes are going to be pretty close in the real world. Dyno's don't tell the story...they're notoriously diff with so many factors affecting them. The big tests will be 1/4 mile runs with the same bikes set up the same way with the same rider on the same day. And of course acceleration tests, 0-60, 0-100, and roll ons 60-80 ect. And I think us real world riders will prolly show the ultimate potential of off the showroom bikes on the streets and the tracks
wink.gif
Sounds like good times to come
tounge.gif
cool.gif

We just don't want to underestimate other bikes...I've done it before and it can be a little embarassing sometimes
crazy.gif
Any more I take EVERY bike I run seriously
tounge.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

Back