34.9 cents a gallon of gas

that happened to me once... got premium for 21.5 cents a gal... called all of my friends and we got about 300 gals of fuel before the station cut the pumps off and ran us off :laugh:

A few weeks ago, I pulled up to the pump, and got it started. The pump wasn't rolling forward on either the gallons or the dollars but I could hear it filling the tank. By the time the tank was full, the pump charged me $0.30. That's right. Thirty cents. 91 octane and that car was on FUMES, baby. :D

I went in and let the attendant know, then called to try to track down the owner but he's never called me back soooooo..........

At least one tank of free gas came outta that pump.

Niiiiiiice!

--Wag--

The unfortunate thing really is the fact that the station owners make very little profit from gas sales so an event like that could cost them dearly.

Last edited:
That's very true. The owner of the station I went to only needs to call me back and I'll be more than happy to help him figure out something equitable.

--Wag--

I had that happen at a station when I was a kid. I think It cost me a dollar to fill my tank!!!

Happened to me once as well. Back when Premium was 1.59 a gallon....got it for .159 a gallon.

I went into the store while i was was pumping and came out and it had stopped at $2.00 and some change. I am like wtf....then noticed that someone had punched in the wrong price.

Now I always check all keyed prices on the pump:whistle:

Back