in a bit of a pickel

ditchdr

Registered
So I am in the market for a new liter bike.. I have narrowed it down to 2.. The Suzuki GSXR1000 or the Yamaha R1.. I have done many test rides on both, and both seem to come in dead even.. As far as prices they are both the same, both have plenty of power and handel like they are on rails.. Does anyone know of major problems with either? I have dont research and both seem solid and with out major problems.. I am most likely walking into a wolfs den here asking about the Yamaha, but I cant make up my mind here lol.

I have been on both an 05 GSXR 1000 and my 04 Yamah R1 race bike and i suggest the R1!

Just personal preference

Really it all boils down to which bike feels better to you. I like the R1 and GSXR1000 both both are about the same weight and have about the same power so go with what feels better to you :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

It will be later in the year before I buy so I may go with the 09 R1, right now is a bad time to buy in Charleston, most dealers are adding stupid things to the price..

It will be later in the year before I buy so I may go with the 09 R1, right now is a bad time to buy in Charleston, most dealers are adding stupid things to the price..

'09 R1 = :puke: (one ugly bike)

I like the '08 R1s (and earlier) demo'd one...love the undertail exhaust.

Never personally rode the GSXR but I doubt I can really push either to it's limits so it come down to looks....

R1 :bowdown:

Road the suzuki 1000, very forgiving, fast, light, etc..
I have drooled over the R1's for years, personally like the looks. Yamaha always tends to step it up when needed! The mags still rate them as the best brakes and still within 5 hp of the new bikes.

Go R1 in Dec/Jan!!!! :beerchug:
Or go for hell'a deal on an 07 suzuki 1000cc
Kansas Honda Yamaha Motorcycle ATV Dealer - Honda of Chanute, KS - Scooter Watercraft

2008-09-15 003.jpg

the 09 R1 should get a peek... but at 12G it might be a bit pricey...

don't forget dealer support, if you are on the fence, unless your favorite dealer sells both.

My fav dealer carries Suzuki and Honda. Big factor to me. Not a deal breaker but something to consider.

you have a busa already?

Go to an R1 forum and see how many mechanical problems they have. Same with a Gixxer forum.

You'll know right away.

--Wag--

Back