Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen3 full decal set

The 25th anniversary color scheme that pays homage to the 2008 IMHO is exciting and nice but makes the Gen 3 look like just another Hayabusa from far away. It can be confused with a Gen 2. The simple color schemes make it look distinctively new 'Busa.

I'd like to see a new matte color other than the silver 2022. The matte finish reveals the design lines in a clear way due to lack of reflections. I'm so glad the shop owner steered me away from the black/gold and towards the matte silver/red sight unseen.

The 25th anniversary color scheme that pays homage to the 2008 IMHO is exciting and nice but makes the Gen 3 look like just another Hayabusa from far away. It can be confused with a Gen 2. The simple color schemes make it look distinctively new 'Busa.

I'd like to see a new matte color other than the silver 2022. The matte finish reveals the design lines in a clear way due to lack of reflections. I'm so glad the shop owner steered me away from the black/gold and towards the matte silver/red sight unseen.
My cousing has the Matte grey and he is having problems with the little rocks from the street when they hit the motorcycle fairings they chip the paint.

My cousing has the Matte grey and he is having problems with the little rocks from the street when they hit the motorcycle fairings they chip the paint.
That sucks! :( Thankfully, mine has a tiny scratch on the bottom of the lower fairing, probably from a speed bump, but no chips elsewhere in almost 3,000 Puerto Rican miles.

But yeah, this matte paint is very thin and fragile. The tail piece has some paint rubbed off on the edge from the wind blowing on the cover.

I have an original Hayabusa half-cover and a cheap full one. The few times I only used the cheap one in a pinch was enough to burn the paint off the edge.

What do you think about this one?

FB_IMG_1712539481857.jpg

FB_IMG_1712539478699.jpg

FB_IMG_1712539475604.jpg

Neither of these do anything for me......this isn't a Moto GP bike and there is zero (or less) lineage to any race platform so why have all those decals and farkles on it..?

Somehow it cheapens the bike's appearance.....

Neither of these do anything for me......this isn't a Moto GP bike and there is zero (or less) lineage to any race platform so why have all those decals and farkles on it..?

Somehow it cheapens the bike's appearance.....
Well thanks for your opinion maeby other person likes it

I am thinking about de-branding the whole thing save the Kanji. Which I would be interested in replacing with one cut from black reflective film if anyone can do that?

Admit it. Yellow would be pretty wild.

A pumpkin limited edition (LE)! Not sure Suzuki could bring themselves to do a single color without the two-tone though. I'm actually really curious about that in the coming years. Maybe they will just stick with the anniversary two-tone for Limited Editions...

There's something to this. Plague's silver with flat black trim is maybe the most stunningly elegant Busa I've seen. The other end of the spectrum from one of these full decal bikes. Which who knows, if I was 20 years old I might be rocking...

I have seen a few Gen3 with full decals set some are nice some dont im posting one i just saw on the internet. What do you think about decals? Would you do this on your bike or you like oem color better? If you have one picture different on your gallery please post it maybe we havent seen those others thank you.

Do this one and I will seriously consider it... (I like it being subtle and half transparent, and the Gills on the Gen 3 might work well...)

shark.jpg

The two Motul bikes are the best of them. I think they're pretty cool, just not my cup of tea.
The Motul scheme recalls Rad Greaves' bike.

View attachment 1681695
I remember when the AMA tried to run a hyperbike class. I think it lasted one season. Kind of like the king of the baggers series now. It's a shame it never took off.

I remember when the AMA tried to run a hyperbike class. I think it lasted one season. Kind of like the king of the baggers series now. It's a shame it never took off.
Formula Extreme ran from '97 to 2008. Yeah nobody was into it and it was hard to find on the TV.

Formula Extreme ran from '97 to 2008. Yeah nobody was into it and it was hard to find on the TV.
That's it! I couldn't remember what it was called. Now that I'm thinking about it. Didn't it start when 750's were still the superbikes and this was primarily, after a couple of years all the 1000cc bikes? It should changed how it did with the 1000's becoming superbikes but that class was open to wild stuff. Busas, ZX-12s, Blackbirds, hell why not a heavily modified V-Max? That would've been fun to watch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom