Cancel culture

Actually, we are better without the statues. It is complete B.S. that those statues were memorials to men who fought for what they believed in. They were plain and simple threats erected decades after the Civil War to re-assert white supremacy. Those are the facts, stop making crap up.
Exactly my point, statues of individuals make little sense as their could be anything in their past which would cancel them out in the future..

In the future of today it could be someone like Col Sanders when animal activists deem the consumption of animals to be inhumane, criminal and get into a position of power to enact a law against it.......any statues made of these past people need to be placed in a museum and off public display and no future statues erected.

For peace activists, war memorials are a sore spot as they believe they sensationalize war...those could be next if these people gather in enough power and support. We who served and lost people know what they stand for and I suppose as long as we stay strong, they will be safe.

In the case of the person they are cancelling in Toronto (Dundas) he was for the abolishment of slavery but wanted it done gradually and from what I've read is because he worried about unleashing 4000 people who were unable to support themselves and what impact it would have on them...we had no social support in those days so these people would have been in dire circumstances...was he right? Not to the standards of today but in his time and place it probably made sense to him.

For this he was cancelled, even his surviving family came forward with his memoirs to substantiate his position but were dismissed.

Exactly my point, statues of individuals make little sense as their could be anything in their past which would cancel them out in the future..

In the future of today it could be someone like Col Sanders when animal activists deem the consumption of animals to be inhumane, criminal and get into a position of power to enact a law against it.......any statues made of these past people need to be placed in a museum and off public display and no future statues erected.

For peace activists, war memorials are a sore spot as they believe they sensationalize war...those could be next if these people gather in enough power and support. We who served and lost people know what they stand for and I suppose as long as we stay strong, they will be safe.

In the case of the person they are cancelling in Toronto (Dundas) he was for the abolishment of slavery but wanted it done gradually and from what I've read is because he worried about unleashing 4000 people who were unable to support themselves and what impact it would have on them...we had no social support in those days so these people would have been in dire circumstances...was he right? Not to the standards of today but in his time and place it probably made sense to him.

For this he was cancelled, even his surviving family came forward with his memoirs to substantiate his position but were dismissed.
I'm sure Colonel Sanders is racist. We should have KFC cancelled.

Go Woke. Go Broke.

For this he was cancelled, even his surviving family came forward with his memoirs to substantiate his position

I'm sure Colonel Sanders is racist. We should have KFC cancelled.
Hi. OH NO not Colonel Sanders! Well than they should cancel all of the Vets too like me as I was awarded 66 metals in Nam.

Exactly my point...where does cancel culture start and stop? Even though Col Sanders is made up, his image could represent oppression to certain people...

Even Ronald McDonald was cancelled due to people with clownphobia....:lol:
Col Sanders was real. He was from Kentucky. And yeah he looked like he could be one of those southern plantation owners. Can let that exist.

His likeness is the trademark. And you know certain foods are racial hot buttons these days.

So yeah we should axe KFC.

And while we're at it. There is a chain called Bo Jangles. Eff them. They need to go to.

And we should outlaw watermelons.

And all Soul Food should be cancelled. It's origins came about because the wealthy slave owners threw out food they didn't want. And the oppressed slaves learned how to turn that unt delicious food. That whole genre of food needs to be cancelled

Last edited:
I knew Col Sanders and his daughter. They lived in the top floor Penthouse in what is now Trump Towers here in Palm Beach. We detailed both their cars when I owned the business next door. Not knowing his personal beliefs both were some of the nicest folks I ever met.

Bee when they remove the Lincoln memorial or the Statue of Liberty let me know. Statues of people gotta go. Right.
When they rename the city that is named after the one who transported more slaves from Africa to here let me know. When they remove the flag that flew on every slave ship let me know.

I knew Col Sanders and his daughter. They lived in the top floor Penthouse in what is now Trump Towers here in Palm Beach. We detailed both their cars when I owned the business next door. Not knowing his personal beliefs both were some of the nicest folks I ever met.

Bee when they remove the Lincoln memorial or the Statue of Liberty let me know. Statues of people gotta go. Right.
When they rename the city that is named after the one who transported more slaves from Africa to here let me know. When they remove the flag that flew on every slave ship let me know.
Ant they need to cancel the continent of Africa. Blacks legally sold blacks into slavery and became wealthy doing so. That $$ is still there. They still have slavery active in Africa. So they need to be wiped off the face of the earth.

Col Sanders was real. He was from Kentucky. And yeah he looked like he could be one of those southern plantation owners. Can let that exist.

His likeness is the trademark. And you know certain foods are racial hot buttons these days.

So yeah we should axe KFC.

And while we're at it. There is a chain called Bo Jangles. Eff them. They need to go to.

And we should outlaw watermelons.
When I said "made up" he wasn't an actual Colonel...that was made up...

But he does resemble the stereotypical plantation owners of the day...

Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were made up and canceled.....I've read that many people of all races and colors were upset by this..

My redneck black friend said that finally there were black people everyone loved and they cancel them (his words).

Ant they need to cancel the continent of Africa. Blacks legally sold blacks into slavery and became wealthy doing so. That $$ is still there. They still have slavery active in Africa. So they need to be wiped off the face of the earth.
I've read there are more people who are slaves today then ever before in history and not black slaves.

He must have been really old at that time...according to the bio I posted he died in Louisville Kentucky at age 90 in 1980....

Statues have to go is all in context of what they represent.....in the case of General Lee, did he do anything to stop the war between the states? Did he condemn it? I think he led confederate soldiers against the US if I'm not mistaken....this very action insinuates that he supported the war between the states and what it represented....

It's pretty hard for you and I to even have much of a say on this when we didn't have our ancestors sold into slavery and abused by their masters....and then have their children shunned by society for generations just for the color of their skin.....these children had little choice but to try and eek out a living in a country which didn't want or respect them....

I always harken back to a story I read which sickens me where a black soldier returning from WW2 was hung in his uniform by white supremists....I get hot under the color just thinking about this.

He must have been really old at that time...according to the bio I posted he died in Louisville Kentucky at age 90 in 1980....

Statues have to go is all in context of what they represent.....in the case of General Lee, did he do anything to stop the war between the states? Did he condemn it? I think he led confederate soldiers against the US if I'm not mistaken....this very action insinuates that he supported the war between the states and what it represented....

It's pretty hard for you and I to even have much of a say on this when we didn't have our ancestors sold into slavery and abused by their masters....and then have their children shunned by society for generations just for the color of their skin.....these children had little choice but to try and eek out a living in a country which didn't want or respect them....

I always harken back to a story I read which sickens me where a black soldier returning from WW2 was hung in his uniform by white supremists....I get hot under the color just thinking about this.
Yeah we should probably dig up all the WW II vets graves. The blacks were treated badly in that time also.

I for one am proud to read the history of like the Tuskegee Redtails. They were about the best pilots of the war. And often were requested because of their flying skills.

They overcame a lot in a racially heated time in our country.

Don't lose context of the Civil War. We were a country that consisted of all of these states as a country. The whole point of the War was a fight to divide the North and the South. They were all Americans. Sides were drawn up and you either fought for the land you lived on or you moved to a part you felt you wanted to be a part of.

The same type thing is happening today. Except we aren't fighting with guns. We are fighting with politics.

People flee California to find a better place to live. The ones that remain believe their land is worth fighting to keep it heading where it's heading.

When I said "made up" he wasn't an actual Colonel...that was made up...

But he does resemble the stereotypical plantation owners of the day...

Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben were made up and canceled.....I've read that many people of all races and colors were upset by this..

My redneck black friend said that finally there were black people everyone loved and they cancel them (his words).

Aunt Jemimah Was based on a real woman.
The fact these idiots got her cancelled should be demeaning, and not respectful to black people.
She represented a brand for generations, and during very racist times in history.
She showed black people in a big business, and as friendly neighbors...when that wasn't socially acceptable.
So why now that it is(as it should be) is it now socially unacceptable to have her represent a brand?
The tin-foil hat says our government still dislikes blacks, and women, and continues to stir the pot to destroy both, as they continue to pit all in society against one another...so we can't be against them(the gov't).

And...And...when you can make fried chicken as good as Col.Sanders...You can make up whatever rank You want to be sir...he should've been General Sanders...
lmao

Last edited:
Aunt Jemimah Was based on a real woman.
The fact these idiots got her cancelled should be demeaning, and not respectful to black people.
She represented a brand for generations, and during very racist times in history.
She showed black people in a big business, and as friendly neighbors...when that wasn't socially acceptable.
So why now that it is(as it should be) is it now socially unacceptable to have her represent a brand?
The tin-foil hat says our government still dislikes blacks, and women, and continues to stir the pot to destroy both, as they continue to pit all in society against one another...so we can't be against them(the gov't).

And...And...when you can make fried chicken as good as Col.Sanders...You can make up whatever rank You want to be sir...he should've been General Sanders...
lmao
So let's do a quick Woke review.

They remove a real woman from syrup, and put a fake woman on a beer can.

Things are going well!

/sarcasm for the slower ones.

Don't lose context of the Civil War. We were a country that consisted of all of these states as a country. The whole point of the War was a fight to divide the North and the South. They were all Americans. Sides were drawn up and you either fought for the land you lived on or you moved to a part you felt you wanted to be a part of.

The same type thing is happening today. Except we aren't fighting with guns. We are fighting with politics.

People flee California to find a better place to live. The ones that remain believe their land is worth fighting to keep it heading where it's heading.
And the whole point of division was slavery...the south wasn't willing to give up their free labor and went to war to keep it...

Led by generals such as Lee...

Don't lose context of the Civil War.
I think it’s you that lost context and Bee gave you a road map. On Lee; Elizabeth Pryor’s Reading the Man is quite a compilation of Lee’s letters, some to family that give a tinge of guilt while reading. It’s almost 700 pages so you have to be a constant reader to trudge through it. Even so it gives a great look at who he was; military know how, impressive writing skills and wise concepts about life. In all that a terrible racist. He made sure any slaves caught trying to escape were “given it well”. Yes we can say that about a lot of our founding fathers; attitudes about blacks were generally poor among whites, but it doesn’t justify it in my opinion. It certainly means we shouldn’t have a giant monument in his honor.
/sarcasm for the slower ones.
Slower ones? Slower than you? :laugh:

I think it’s you that lost context and Bee gave you a road map. On Lee; Elizabeth Pryor’s Reading the Man is quite a compilation of Lee’s letters, some to family that give a tinge of guilt while reading. It’s almost 700 pages so you have to be a constant reader to trudge through it. Even so it gives a great look at who he was; military know how, impressive writing skills and wise concepts about life. In all that a terrible racist. He made sure any slaves caught trying to escape were “given it well”. Yes we can say that about a lot of our founding fathers; attitudes about blacks were generally poor among whites, but it doesn’t justify it in my opinion. It certainly means we shouldn’t have a giant monument in his honor.

Slower ones? Slower than you? :laugh:
I recall reading about how poorly Irish immigrants were treated, in many cases they were treated lower the the low...even so bad that Irish regiments fighting in the war between the states had officers leading them who were specifically not Irish because at the time it was believed the Irish weren't intelligent enough to have their own officers lead them.

Kind of like what the British did to the Gurkha regiments...it wasn't only until a few years ago that a Gurkha officer was able to command Gurkha troops.

The interaction of human beings is a real complicated thing...

I recall reading about how poorly Irish immigrants were treated, in many cases they were treated lower the the low...even so bad that Irish regiments fighting in the war between the states had officers leading them who were specifically not Irish because at the time it was believed the Irish weren't intelligent enough to have their own officers lead them.

Kind of like what the British did to the Gurkha regiments...it wasn't only until a few years ago that a Gurkha officer was able to command Gurkha troops.

The interaction of human beings is a real complicated thing...
Yep. There was an expression back then. In the U. S.

The only good Irishman is a dead Irishman.

Back