Annual Barber Motorpsports Park in Oct 2010

Aiming at the tower when you climb the hill blind Is a great suggestion I'm gonna have to try!

Aiming at the tower when you climb the hill blind Is a great suggestion I'm gonna have to try!

As are the downshift / upshift points. That is one facet that I think I screw up every time I am out there. On the Duc, I usually hold one gear with an up shift on the front stretch and one after 5 on that short straight to the museum turn...

Gotta remember to bring that and study it between sessions....

I am in for both days in Sept as well. Jay "Tiller" is coming as well for his first track day. Gonna be great!!!

Is engine ice legal to run?

Motorcycle Requirements: 1) All bikes must pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike does not pass tech inspection, you will not receive a refund. It is your responsibility to have your bike prepared prior to riding on the race track. 2) Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 50%+ of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. We will have on site tire service at most events, so if your tires don't pass, you may have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech. Please contact us to confirm tire service will be available at your event. 3) All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups. 4) We recommend but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced Group due to the ground clearance issue. 5) All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition. 6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed. 7) All valve stems must have caps. 8) Wheel balance weights must be well secured and duct taping is required. 9) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed. 10) Advanced riders are highly encouraged to safety wire drain plugs and oil fill caps. The minimum requirement is RTV silicone on both. We highly suggest securing the oil filter as well. Please note that if you spill oil on the track your day is over.

Macon.... Uh... Marriage is no reason to cancel a long distance track day, right?:beerchug:

Congrats BTW!!!

Macon's coming? Is EVERYONE on this board faster than me coming? Jeez...

SteveO and I have agreed that we are gonna go into the bathroom, switch leathers, and he's gonna come out on my Gixxer and SMOKE YOU ALL, then change back so I can get a modicum of respect :rofl:

9) License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.

Last year I taped mine and they made me remove it. Verbal rules change.

Macon.... Uh... Marriage is no reason to cancel a long distance track day, right?:beerchug:

Congrats BTW!!!

Thanks Randy, Not sure if we are going to be able to make it yet, Gotta wait till a little closer to see how the funds are and Marie's work schedule.

Thanks Randy, Not sure if we are going to be able to make it yet, Gotta wait till a little closer to see how the funds are and Marie's work schedule.

Don't wait too long Shane, A is already full and I is gonna fill fast now this is a very popular date. Tufbusa FINALLY got signed up last night!!!:cheerleader:

Damn Shane, it's not a requirement to bring your woman! I'm leaving mine home, it's cheaper that way! :beerchug:

Unless you have to have her permission to get more than 50 miles from home alone? :poke:

Hope you can make it dude! Will be a fun filled weekend as long as Randy leaves the duc and the rain at home! I hear his new nickname is "RainMan"! :whistle:

... as long as Randy leaves the duc and the rain at home! I hear his new nickname is "RainMan"! :whistle:

Didn't you hear, we broke that curse....:rofl:

Barber1.jpg

Don't wait too long Shane, A is already full and I is gonna fill fast now this is a very popular date. Tufbusa FINALLY got signed up last night!!!:cheerleader:

Ok thanks skydivr :thumbsup:

Damn Shane, it's not a requirement to bring your woman! I'm leaving mine home, it's cheaper that way! :beerchug:

Unless you have to have her permission to get more than 50 miles from home alone? :poke:

Hope you can make it dude! Will be a fun filled weekend as long as Randy leaves the duc and the rain at home! I hear his new nickname is "RainMan"! :whistle:

We are going to try, but it might be a couple of weeks before we know anything, I always seem to get in more trouble if mine is not with me, Which in the long run cost me more. I behave better with her around, otherwise i am just like a 20 year old in rutting season. :laugh:

Ive been thinking about the October track weekend. It will be a first for me but since I ride fairly hard on the street Im afraid that Im going to be board in Novice and it was said on the first page that there are no bump ups but only bump downs. So I couldnt do the first day in Novice and second day in Intermediate.

So Im thinking that I might be disappointed and fell like Ive wasted my money....

These are my thoughts, any help?

Back