Annual Barber Motorpsports Park in Oct 2010

I don't think you'll be bored in novice. I bumped down into novice last year because I was having some bike problems. I was surprised at the pace the novice group was running. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to register for Novice Saturday and Intermediate Sunday. I think they by bump ups they are referring to mid day changes. I've riding with 3 different track day orgs this year, keeping the rules straight between them is a challenge :laugh:

Last edited:
The Novice STT group contains a wide variety of riders. Some have never been on a track; others have plenty of track experience. STT pretty much requires those who have never ridden Barber to do Novice at least one day, as there are some blind turns in this track that can cause some "SR" moments, and they want to be SURE new riders see the line. They further divide the novice into groups, the fastest being "veteran novice" for those who know how to ride and don't need as much instruction. The veteran novice group gets turned loose by the second session (the first one is basically parade laps with a pit - but the veteran novice parade lap picks up speed quickly) after a quick look by the instructor. The only rule that applies for Novice different from Intermediate is that you are only supposed to pass on the outside (6 ft rule applies in both N and I).

The only reason I'm riding in I and not N is that I already know the line, and I don't have to spend the first two sessions proving that to the instructor. You will have PLENTY of opportunity to show what you've got in N. Go to Sportbike Track Time - Get on the right track !! 419-822-0350, go the the forums for STT Southern and read/post whatever question you have they will give you a good answer. If you are indeed as competent as you say, they'll let you move up the second day - just tell your veteran novice instructor that you purchased an I for Sunday, and that your goal for the day is to get cleared to move up - and they will spend enough time following you to give you that permission. Just don't crash trying to prove it (they value safety over speed) as that would ruin it all anyway. Sign up for SEP AND OCT and come down and ride with us in SEP; some of us will be there and you can get all set up to ride in I in October....:cheerleader:

Last edited:
T

The only reason I'm riding in I and not N is that I already know the line, and I don't have to spend the first two sessions proving that to the instructor. You will have PLENTY of opportunity to show what you've got in N. Go to Sportbike Track Time - Get on the right track !! 419-822-0350, go the the forums for STT Southern and read/post whatever question you have they will give you a good answer. If you are indeed as competent as you say, they'll let you move up the second day - just tell your veteran novice instructor that you purchased an I for Sunday, and that your goal for the day is to get cleared to move up - and they will spend enough time following you to give you that permission. Just don't crash trying to prove it (they value safety over speed) as that would ruin it all anyway. :

Thats fair.. I might should be in Novice all weekend.. Im opened minded. I just didnt want to be stuck in a watered down group. I got too much work stuff going on for the next month. Oct is my only option. I really hope I can make it. Im riding B-King and might look a bit funny. Then again I bet there is all kinds of bikes there.. Looking forward to seeing it all

You will be able to ride as fast as you can stand it in the Novice group by the third session (11 AM). The next day early will feel a little repetitive, but quickly turns into a LOT of fun. A track day is NEVER a waste (unless it's storming)...Never seen a Bking out there so that should be interesting.

They speaketh the truth!

Sign up for "N" day one and "I" day two. You can do that, I am bringing Woodrow there in Oct to his FIRST TRACK DAY:cheerleader: and he has already signed up in that fashion. he'll be on his Busa!

If you are getting carpet bombed during day two they WILL NOT have a problem with you going back down to "N" and there IS NO shame in doing so. If your on a roll, then go smoke it in "I". Heck, come smoke us!

Barber is a purpose built motorcycle track and it is a bit** to figure out. It was made to be tough and confound / scare you.

Besides, if you are not a regular track rider there are some rules and protocols that you need to go get squared away on, after that, rip it!

Didn't you hear, we broke that curse....:rofl:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Be it known that no Ducati plastic was p'd on during the making of that photo!

Yall are WAY too superstitious.... Its my damned trailer thats cursed, not the Duc!

BTW... I have several people asking me:

Is BUSAWHIPPED coming?
Do we have a confirmation there BW???

There is this guy (remember Kevin?) that Dennis and I flanked with our Busas and he WANTS some revenge.... He told me today that he wants a rematch with that yellow and black Busa!!!

Last edited:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Be it known that no Ducati plastic was p'd on during the making of that photo!

Yall are WAY too superstitious.... Its my damned trailer thats cursed, not the Duc!

BTW... I have several people asking me:

Is BUSAWHIPPED coming?
Do we have a confirmation there BW???

There is this guy (remember Kevin?) that Dennis and I flanked with our Busas and he WANTS some revenge.... He told me today that he wants a rematch with that yellow and black Busa!!!

Luci and I will be there.

I guess I shoudln't have posted that pic, if Ducati riders even thought for a SEC that I'd actually peed on that bike, there'd been a thousand Ducati riders torching my house! :moon:

We can take care of the trailer THIS year Randy if need by :)

Glad you are making it Dennis!

Yea... yea... if it rains, we'll ALL pee on that trailer!

Glad to hear your coming Dennis, will be great to see ya / ride with ya. Make sure that suspension is squared away this time!

Well we wont be able to make it this time, But hopefully we will in the spring. Yall have fun and we want to see some pics.

So the september 18-19 is getting close.

Who all is going to be at Barber those days? TwoBrothersBusa and I will be there both days.

I'll be there for both (on my Gixxer1K instead of my Busa)...Twobrothers knows where we park...which is now wherever he puts his motorhome :)

Seriously, we usually park down on the bottom paddock beside the fence...we'll all be there Fri PM (so we can get in and get a good spot Friday 6 PM; after setting up we'll be interested in going for a bite to eat for sure....

I'll be there for both (on my Gixxer1K instead of my Busa)...Twobrothers knows where we park...which is now wherever he puts his motorhome :)

Seriously, we usually park down on the bottom paddock beside the fence...we'll all be there Fri PM (so we can get in and get a good spot Friday 6 PM; after setting up we'll be interested in going for a bite to eat for sure....

Definately look forward to seeing everyone who comes. Charlie is probably going to try to get a spot on the second level (the level with the gas pumps) because that is the closest level that gets enough power for theat big honkin motorhome :laugh: and he will be saving a spot beside them somewhere for me because I will be a bit later because I still have school and baseball practice that day

Charlie will prolly chime in now that i'm talkin about him but we would be more than happy if you set up camp by us somewhere. And im definately down for the eating thing :thumbsup:

Bring it on, it can't get here soon enough. We'll have the A/C in the motorhome set to about 60 so staying cool between sessions won't be a problem.

Any and all are welcome!

Randyman, we may have to move up to the second level this time...MOTORHOME....:thumbsup:

P.S. This is the OCTOBER thread, but now we are talking about SEPTEMBER right twobro?

Last edited:
Randyman, we may have to move up to the second level this time...MOTORHOME....:thumbsup:

P.S. This is the OCTOBER thread, but now we are talking about SEPTEMBER right twobro?

Yes we are talking about Sept 18 and 19. Yea I know this is the october thread but people were talkin in here about september too so I just didnt make another thread.

Dawn it wouldn't be the same without you!

We need to figure out where we all wanna end up at so we get in there and mark our territory...show this to Randy and see what he thinks...if we need to move uphill to enjoy the comforts of TB's motorhome....

Back