Mud flap

Yes just draw your cut line. Use a nice Dremel, and cut below the turn signals, then sand down. Cutrs like butter so be careful.

Also, GO REAL SLOW!!!!  Don't cut too close to your desired final shape, instead leave a bit of wiggle room then creep up on your final shape with a couple of metal files and some sand paper.  Take your time.

Also, Tin snips work amazing on the Mudflap plastic, much faster and cleaner than the dremel and it offers better control, remember though to go slow.  

Another thing I did was create a carboard template of the material to be removed, sketched out my desired final shape then taped it up and used it to gently trace out my final cuts. Flip it over and you can have both sides matching perfectly.
thumbs-up.gif

Finally I left a little flap out back to hold my license plate on with,  i still use the factory hanger, I just cleaned up the area around it.  
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142880427 -->

thumbs-up.gif

CUT IT!!!! Cut that shovel OFF of there!! CUT IT, CUT IT!!

(I hate those stupid things
wink.gif
)

Hmmm pretty much what the others have said above the use of drawing a nice line and dremel tool will be your friends

Also, GO REAL SLOW!!!!  Don't cut too close to your desired final shape, instead leave a bit of wiggle room then creep up on your final shape with a couple of metal files and some sand paper.  Take your time.

Also, Tin snips work amazing on the Mudflap plastic, much faster and cleaner than the dremel and it offers better control, remember though to go slow.  

Another thing I did was create a carboard template of the material to be removed, sketched out my desired final shape then taped it up and used it to gently trace out my final cuts.  Flip it over and you can have both sides matching perfectly.  
thumbs-up.gif

Finally I left a little flap out back to hold my license plate on with,  i still use the factory hanger, I just cleaned up the area around it.  
thumbs-up.gif
+1

thumbs-up.gif

Back