Mud Flap Mod

Just cut it off where you think it will look good , dremel with a cut off wheel and a file to touch it up.

...or leave it intact because it doesn't look all that bad and it actually serves a purpose when you ride in the rain.
tounge.gif

You DO ride in the rain, right?
wink.gif

Here are a couple of threads I done on my busa mudflap trim job. Hope it helps...

Thanks BT. That's what I was looking for. Guess you never got to the undertail, having bought a new bike...

I had a UFO undertail to install when I painted Train but I never got to paint 'er. If I were lookin' for a busa undertail now I'd prolly go with the Freestyle undertail and integrate the turn signals into the brake light with a clear stock type lens like whoever it was did and posted here a while back. I think that's the cleanest, best lookin' tail. I thought the UFO and Top Gun were nice but the more I think about it the more I like the clean, simple looks of the Freestyle.
wink.gif

...or leave it intact because it doesn't look all that bad and it actually serves a purpose when you ride in the rain.
tounge.gif

wink.gif
Just out of curosity, what purpose does it serve in the rain? I do not have that mud flapp on mine and I ride in rain just about daily. I never get mudd,dirt or water shot up on me. the tail sticks out further then the wheel so that flap really does nothing for the rider.

tounge.gif

wink.gif
Just out of curosity, what purpose does it serve in the rain? I do not have that mud flapp on mine and I ride in rain just about daily. I never get mudd,dirt or water shot up on me. the tail sticks out further then the wheel so that flap really does nothing for the rider.
The fender is prolly there due to federal regs, just like the reason they're on big trucks. Open wheels throw gravel and stuff on windshields behind the vehicle with open tires. Some states (prolly most) have laws that require mud flaps that hang within a given measurement from the ground for this reason.

The fender on the busa is prolly to keep from kickin' gravel up on vehicles behind ya rather than to keep water off yer back. Of course in my opinion, if folks didn't follow you TOO DAMNED CLOSELY then they wouldn't catch the kicked up debris and get their windshield busted.
mad.gif
Following too closely is one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot STAND to be TAILGAITED!
mad.gif

mad.gif

tounge.gif

wink.gif
The fender is prolly there due to federal regs, just like the reason they're on big trucks. Open wheels throw gravel and stuff on windshields behind the vehicle with open tires. Some states (prolly most) have laws that require mud flaps that hang within a given measurement from the ground for this reason.

The fender on the busa is prolly to keep from kickin' gravel up on vehicles behind ya rather than to keep water off yer back. Of course in my opinion, if folks didn't follow you TOO DAMNED CLOSELY then they wouldn't catch the kicked up debris and get their windshield busted.
mad.gif
Following too closely is one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot STAND to be TAILGAITED!
mad.gif
I can understand that part of it, he just said it served a purpose in the rain so I didn't get it.

mad.gif

Back