Loosing the mud flap

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Just about ready to either hit an undertail kit or whack off the mud flap..

What did you guys use for a license plate bracket (I want it in the same place it is now)??

And which what where kit for integrating blinkers into tail light, as one unit?

Suggestions...any links would be appreciated.

If ya trim the flap you can keep the tag in the same place.  If ya whack the flap you can manufacture or purchase a tag holder to keep it in the same place.

Most undertails come w/ said tag bracket.  I didn't use mine from my Mototeck undertail.  I'll snap a pic of it so you can see it once I get home and decide if ya want it or not.

I went w/ a G3 tag relocator made by UNDRPSI (an .org member).  I'll add a link in a minute.

<!--EDIT|BiG-T
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152206962 -->

I have a CF looking license plate bracket to mount it underneath the new undertail. However, you may decide to relocate it to not ruin the look!
biggrin.gif

If you want to keep the plate as close to stock as you can and still have the undertail look I would use the competition werkes eliminator. It keeps it located in pretty much the same location just locates it about 5 inches further under the tail and you can keep your stock tail light. You can't really see in this picture but I made an arrow showing you how far back the plate is. Hope it helps.

eLIMINATOR.JPG

Anybody use this for a light integrater...wondering possible problems and how bright it is...

tite bike

Well after going back and forth with myself between just spending the bucks and getting the mototeck undertail and hugger (nice settup but about $500) or whacking off the mudflap and doing the intergrated tail light ($100)...I went with...whacking off the mudflap and ordered the clear alternatives integrator (same one my Son has on his YZF).

Clear Alternatives

It came down to this...I'm incredibly anal about my bike. I hate it dirty. So as I'm out there analyizing what I want to do, I'm looking up into the undertail section and stick my hand in there to feel the back of the turn signals...out comes my hand covered in goo...I already clean my wheels daily and decided I didn't really need another nice shinny place around the rear wheel/chain area for me to tweek continuously.

I'll just whack the flap, save the cash and fahgetaboutit.

I also really like the stock clear tail light best of all.

Now I got extra doh for the HID groupbuy  
idea.gif

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152216401 -->

You'll love it. I bought the bracket I used in stainless for $12, and spray-painted it flat black enamel.

Tail2.JPG

You'll love it. I bought the bracket I used in stainless for $12, and spray-painted it flat black enamel.
That's exactly what I was going to do, I even already got the paint for it  
idea.gif

Nice job, pics look great.

You get any special bracket or did you make yours?

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152236190 -->

I did a forum search and found this, I thought this was a pretty good idea for a tag bracket (I was just going to paint it all black,even the back of the plate)...

This is from OMSLAW

post-6-14728-p4250070__small_.jpg

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152236614 -->

Ahhh...mrninja9 and the rest of you guys are killing me with the pics  ...I want the mudflap off NOW, wont get my itegrated tail light till sometime next week.

(sigh) I should learn patients one day...maybe  
smileyexhibit.gif

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152236776 -->

Shibumi- found the term in literature 20 or so years ago, very difficult to translate literally into English. "Understated, effortless perfection of action, form, or both. Something so perfect that it can only truly be appreciated by those who are knowledgeable of it."

That's excellent...of course, there should be a picture of a Busa next to the definition.
super.gif

Well after going back and forth with myself between just spending the bucks and getting the mototeck undertail and hugger (nice settup but about $500) or whacking off the mudflap and doing the intergrated tail light ($100)...I went with...whacking off the mudflap and ordered the clear alternatives integrator (same one my Son has on his YZF).

Clear Alternatives

It came down to this...I'm incredibly anal about my bike. I hate it dirty. So as I'm out there analyizing what I want to do, I'm looking up into the undertail section and stick my hand in there to feel the back of the turn signals...out comes my hand covered in goo...I already clean my wheels daily and decided I didn't really need another nice shinny place around the rear wheel/chain area for me to tweek continuously.

I'll just whack the flap, save the cash and fahgetaboutit.

I also really like the stock clear tail light best of all.

Now I got extra doh for the HID groupbuy  
idea.gif
I'm ready to hack off my mud flap too... does the above product integrate your turn signals into your rear tail light???

Yes, if your order the integrated one (3rd one down for $89.99)

Think I'm going to have to print and frame this and put it on my wall.

shibumibeta.jpg

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152244858 -->

Back