Brake fluid replacement for my 05 Busa

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
The question is: Are there any differences between brands for DOT 3 fluid? Also, considering my ineptness, how much fluid for the front brakes.

Floyd

1 bottle should be plenty and I've heard a few people prefer the Motul brand stuff, but for street riding, I doubt there is much difference.

p. 342 of the service manual states "Fill to UPPER MARK" of reservoir. get a free copy of the manual here: Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa | Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles

I like MOTUL

rbf6003.jpg

The question is: Are there any differences between brands for DOT 3 fluid? Also, considering my ineptness, how much fluid for the front brakes.

Floyd

I think you meant Dot 4 fluid, not Dot 3.

Motul RBF 600 is excellent fluid although any good high grade Dot 4 will work just fine. The trick is to flush the system and replace the fluid every 2 years and your brakes will give you good service for years to come!

Yep, I meant DOT 4. Where is a good place to buy Motul. I thought I would use a hand vac to suck all the old fluid out.
Then put in fresh fluid, and do the squeeze and tighten the bleeder valve thing.

Best way to clean the systems is to remove all of the brake lines and flush them with carb cleaner. Just make sure the brake fluid doesnt get on any paint. The calipers should be disassembled, inspected and cleaned.

Best way to clean the systems is to remove all of the brake lines and flush them with carb cleaner. Just make sure the brake fluid doesnt get on any paint. The calipers should be disassembled, inspected and cleaned.

Heck with all that!

Speedbleeders are the way to go! Simple task.
Hint DO NOT fill the master cylinders all the way to the top since the rubber boot will cause it to over flow. More is not better in this case.

Back