Helped my buddy find a starter bike for his son...

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
So my buddy's son who is about to turn 18 decided he wanted to ride. He took the Harley school and learned on a Buell Blast. Keep in mind he's 17 but kind of a little guy. So about a week or so ago we start searching for a bike for him.. He fell in love with the Blast, and wanted one based on riding it around in circles in the Harley class. I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted one. Well, then I found this sweet Ninja 500R (EX500). Keep in mind that his spending limit is about $1700 so the pickin's are slim for something really nice.. I tell my buddy to run the insurance numbers thinking maybe the Buell will lose that way, turns out his insurance is much like the rest of the ridiculous insurance companies out there, and won't insure the EX500 because it says "Ninja" on it. :banghead:

So Friday, I find this gem.... A 1990 GS500E that is in the epitome of mint condition.. A mere 15K miles on her, complete with factory mudflap, reflectors, etc... This thing is so clean, I wanted to buy it on the spot.. The guy was asking $1500 and I wouldn't even let my buddy talk him down.. This thing NEEDED to come home with us!! :laugh:

So here she is, a 22 year old bike that looks like it rolled out of the showroom a few months ago!

5Ef5F75J43M33m43N9c5i8cae80a5123f170e.jpg

5Nc5L85Ga3K63M23N9c5i77250c15e11211c4.jpg

I'm actually a little jealous. It brings me back to a time in my life that I really loved.. I miss those days... :beerchug:

Great to see CLEAN old bikes.. Makes me enjoy cleaning my Busa even more, even if you guys call me a neat freak. :whistle:

5Ef5F75J43M33m43N9c5i8cae80a5123f170e.jpg

5Nc5L85Ga3K63M23N9c5i77250c15e11211c4.jpg

That looks very promising. A very clean example. Hats off to the owner.:thumbsup: And its one of the best starter bikes out there.

Great find.

My first bike was a Honda 500DX.

Now just hope the boy can get some experience on it.
Tell him it's a bike to LEARN on, not to know everything.

Wow just wow! Time machine! It does look new! What a great first bike. That thing will draw as much attn as any new bike. He just got even more cooler than he was :)

That is a FANTASTIC starter bike! I started on a 1986 Honda Nighthawk 450. I had it shortly until I found a 2005 GS500F which is the same thing as pictured above except a full fairing. THAT THING is what started ths sportbike madness for TBB and I. Great little bike and congrats on the great find :thumbsup:

Mine looked just like this:

BikePics.com

Oh the memories of that bike... Good times.... Good times.... :thumbsup:

Thats a sweet bike, its extremely clean. was it stored in a climate controled garage or in the house?

Funny thing is, the last 3 years of its life with the previous owner, it was stored outside with a tarp over it.. :down:

Still looks amazing. Can't wait for him to let me ride it! :laugh:

Nice looking bike, glad you found this and didn get the "ninja"
You must not like your buddy very much :corner:

:laugh:

Back