bikes and vehicle wraps

Goatkart

Registered
Anyone have any experience with wraps on the hayabusa...

Its something i have kicked around for some time as an option to paint... I like the non-permenant nature, and hey, they are usually cheaper than paint by far..

However, with all the curves and angles on the bike, i wasnt sure how well they could even be done..

Well, look at it this way. If you can wrap an F1 car, with all their curves, twist and angles, a Busa would be no problem for them :beerchug:

It can be done, A friend of mine has his whole bike wrapped. He started with a medium grade vinyl but it started pulling away around some of the tighter radius areas like the hump. Since the people that do his vinyl are a sponsor of his they switched to their highest grade vinyl and seams to be holding fine.

Here is a pic of his bike

dscf7740_001.jpg

Wraps are pretty cool and have come a long way, but when I see them I cannot help but think less of the effect, since they cheated :laugh:

i have seen a Z12 wrapped, lady ninja's, it has a kabuki theme. she even has a shogun on the windscreen, and could still see through it as it was perforated/had a bunch of little holes in it. it was really cool!! i say go for it!
i want to do either the back 1/2 or split it down the middle and do one side in a cow print wrap. it will keep me from having to repaint after a mishap with a bull this last summer:whistle::laugh:
i've just been too busy with the holidays and legislative session cumming up, to get it done.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone... Like i was saying, i've just been kicking it around...

Unfortunatly i live in the middle of iowa currently, so i'm not honestly sure what kinds of skill i have around me in this area.... could be good, could be blood awfull...

It also happens to be near the bottom of the mod list right now, as a turbo setup is taking 100% of my fundage right now....

if anyone has any more pictures floating around though, please shoot them up, would love to see them...

mild to wild, im just curious what the limits really are in terms of finish and quality...

well a local bike shop here does full bike wrap, and its very popular with the riders here who wanna hv their bikes with motogp decals ..... matte wrap is available too :thumbsup:

heres some pics, enjoy .......:beerchug:

3.jpg

5.jpg

2953.jpg

casey2.jpg

IMG_8609.jpg

Vinyl has come a long way both in looks and performance. It also helps protect the OEM paint. Vinyl will chip with rock chips but will also help protect. The key is finding the right person to do it as it does require some skill.

Isn't there a sponsor on here that specializes in "water transfer" or aqua graphics? Like they do for camo dipping firearms?

Thanks for the pics!

Not looking for the moto gp look, no stickers etc...

Just something that will customise the look, and not comprimise resale value later like a full custom paint job "can" do sometimes when they get wild... or that costs a butt load to have done and look well..

Might very well be that the talent just isnt around my neck of the woods to do it as well...

If you are going to go with a wrap make sure the company that does it uses 2 mil vinyl and not 3 mil. Find out what kind of guarantees the company offers in terms of customer satisfaction and if you have any issues with the finished product don't accept it by leaving with the bike until you are satisfied. If you are having the vinyl printed as opposed to a solid colour/s then you might also want to do a colour check before they apply the finished product to the bike. Look through their portfolio to see what they have done in the past and talk to previous customers if you want to be even more sure before proceeding with the job. If they are good at cars/trucks then they shouldn't have any issues with your bike.

Back