best way to tie down the busa

I go off the lower triple. I cant get wide enough in my trailer to use the canyon dancer. Then I tie both sides of the swingarm down.

I just tied mine down last night. What an experience, biggest pain in the ass ever! i had to first dig my trailer out of the snow, hook a strap to my car to pull it out of the yard lol. Then i had to hook it up to the car but the place where the ball goes in was full of ice so i had to pick at it. then i backed the trailer in the garage.. trailer in/car out. flipped over my ramp and tried rolling the bike up. Oh yea i shoveled the snow off the trailer first. but yea, the boards were icy and the trailer sits at a slight tilt upward. The bike kept sliding down even though i had the front brake on. first time the bike nearly fell over and luckily with my size i was able to stop it from getting hurt and slowly rolled it back off the trailer. went at it again, got it straight (somewhat), got it to stay steady on the kickstand and stepped away slowly... grabbed the canyon dancer, hooked it up. tied the fronts up ever so gently cuz i didnt want to shake the trailer till i had good pressure on the 2 front straps. finally got them where they hold the bike. hooked the rear up to the rear pegs. re did the front ones. used cotton polishing pads between the canyon dancer and the fairing to prevent damage. Voila.. one freaking hour later. damn ice ~!

Sounds like your a canidate for a sport chock...........
smile.gif

Condor or Baxley, the best money you can spend not making the bike faster.

lol, a sportchock would be ideal, but im a broke college student and i can improvise! after all i did get the bike tied down lol... one hour of my time due to the ice isnt bad compared to whatever one of those chocks cost. maybe when i graduate!

In a Condor or Baxley chock with the straps attached to the rear footpeg mounts.
+1
Brian, these have to be the best and easiest things I've ever used! I've put over 2500 miles on mine and don't know how I ever did this with out one of these........
so no front tie downs
rock.gif
Sorry man, no tiedowns needed on the front. I have towed a few thousand miles like this with not one problem.

the canyon dancer positioning for the straps requires me to wrap them with some very soft, non-abrasive cloth to prevent rubbing/paint removal.
One thing to watch out for when padding the straps as you describe is if you are towing on an open trailer and get caught in the rain, the road grime from the tow vehicle can get in the cloths and actually make them abrasive.

canyon dancer all the way up front.  If done correctly, may not even need rear ties.
+1 I wrap the dancer straps so that the loop comes up over the bar and ends above rather than under the grip, it keeps the strap off the body work. Cinch my lowering strap down all the way so there is no fork seal damage, and tighten the load straps on the dancer. I see no need for strapping the rear, where's it gonna go without taking the front with it? If you shake the bike and the trailer wiggles, it's tight enough. Remember to put the kickstand up, unless you like the floor of the trailer or bed of the truck torn up. Don't ask how I know this........

Back