them kawis are tough

gsxr996

Registered
i know its a busa forum,but i must tell you the awful experience that happened this weekend.i was out with a bunch at the indusrtial park.they were goofing around wheelies,stoppies.burnouts.so a buddy of my got a new zx10.i ask if i could try it,cause i was gonna get one before i bought the busa for the wife.so i say take my 14 give it a try but be careful there is speed bumps here.so we go down one way a ok.on the way back he goes flying past me like im stopped.i'm thinking you better slow down there is a big speed bump up there .but hes doesnt and hits it at atleast 130.i see sparks and then the bike sliding down the road spinning in circles.it slid atleast 1000ft.i thought he would be dead,but only some rash and couple broken bone.i though the bike would be in a 1000 pieces but here is a few pics of it,simply amazine.and yes he is paying to fix it.put on a new side case cover today and some oil,fired right up.took it for a drive feels good.the only problem i see is the preload adjuster rod popped out of place.
DSC03579.jpg
DSC03580.jpg
DSC03582.jpg
DSC03581.jpg

They may be very tough, but I think luck had a big part in this as well.

By the way, a good friend of mine has a ZX14 just like that and it is a great bike to ride. I just can not get over the looks from the side of the bike, I do like the front though.

Ouch glad no one was seriously hurt but let this be a lesson RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE you wouldn't share your girl would ya :laugh: Nice to see he is doing the right thing though :thumbsup:

wow very impressive for jumping a speed bump at 130!

I'd consider one but the busa is better suited for smaller riders like me :)

Those bikes are tough as nails!! A friend of mine just sold his 14 that he had for 2 years. The prevous owner threw it off the Dragon and fix it up before he sold it. Other than a scratch in the swingarm, and a small scrape on the nose, couldn't even tell. 06 blue too:thumbsup:

316.jpg

You want to ride my Busa :thumbsup: .

NO Problem :sigh: BUT FIRST there's just a slight CASH deposit I need BEFORE you ride :laugh:

nothing more then cosmetics thats good. I have the same year color zx14 but i would never let anyone ride either bike. I say if you want to ride a motorcycle go buy your own.

I don't think so, 130mph? hitting a speed bump? Naw, I don't believe it.

i 'll try and get some pics of what he hit and how far the bike went.and i get to keep his zx10 until mine is fix.but compared to the 14 or busa yuk,way to uncomfy and i hate how all the power is way up passed 8000rpm.thats why i got rid of my gixxer1000 last year.i want my power now not to have to wait for it.

I see nothing wrong with having a little faith in a friend? Even if they are crazy and mess it up. I would have faith that my friend would put it back in its previous condition.

Check the rims and forks? A speed bump at 130 is bound to do damage there.

Either way, that bike has a BANANA SEAT, EWWWWW

One question, were the broken bones from the wreck or when you went to "check" on him?
I have to say I would be tempted to kill someone for that kinda stupidity. Unfamiliar with the bike and is warned about speed bumps....nah who cares I am invincible

to be honest, i think the zx-14 is a good looking bike.
There are looks about the zx14 I like better than the busa and there are looks about the busa I like better than the zx-14.

to be honest, i think the zx-14 is a good looking bike.
There are looks about the zx14 I like better than the busa and there are looks about the busa I like better than the zx-14.

i agree from some angles the 14 looks better and some the busa looks better,thats why i bought a busa people cant say i'm one directional.he called me today and is not trying to back out of paying,he say just tell me how much.and no i didnt break his bones but the thought crossed my mind.

Last edited:
Back