How do I get a better fit from my 06 Hayabusa

Boyer

Registered
I purchased a 06 Hayabusa from a family member that is 6 inches shorter than me. I am 5' 8". He says that when he purchased the bike, he had them lower it for him? Is there any way to get that speed bump clearance back? Als the pegs seem to high for me, can those be lowered? Is there a replacement pegs that can be recommended?

If its got lowering links, most have three settings. bump it up on the links. there's a thread about buel peg mod some where around here

If its got lowering links, most have three settings. bump it up on the links. there's a thread about buel peg mod some where around here

yeah or put the stockers back on or I think you can get Soupy's link an maybe even be able to raise it a little over stock i think.

yeah or put the stockers back on or I think you can get Soupy's link an maybe even be able to raise it a little over stock i think.

I have not tried it on mine, but a buddy said the Soupy's links will not go up as high as stock.

I have not tried it on mine, but a buddy said the Soupy's links will not go up as high as stock.

could be I thought the race guys here used to raise it 1 inch guess I am wrong sorry for pointing in the wrong direction

Without knowing how it was lowered, it's hard to give advice. Either adjust the links so that you get a stock height or see if you can get your hands on a set of stock links. If the front end was dropped, either remove the risers and adjust the forks to stock position or if they put an aftermarket top clamp on the bike, just adjust them back to a stock height.
At 5'8" the stock pegs should work well for ya. If not, there's several different mods you can look at. Buell pegs mentioned and fully adjustable pegs.
They may have modified the seat as well. If so, get the seat restored to a stock condition or find a stock front seat.
If the seat was modified and you restore it; that might make the peg position more comfortable for you.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Stock links or +1's, TL or Buell pegs, stock saddle height and you're in there....... :super:

It does have lowering links. I know my cousin said they were set to the lowest setting. Where are these lowering links, and how do you raise or remove them?

Back