Hard time turning key

merisey

Donating Member
Registered
Just like title says I am having a hard time turning my key sometimes. The key itself looks fine, no worn spots. but it will turn up until it hits the point where it changes position( if that makes sense ). ex between off and on it will turn but sometimes it takes a few to get it to go into "on". same with lock to off sometimes too. should I just spray the key down with wd then let dry and maybe use teflon? any ideas would help a ton.

Mine does that when i turn it to lock, maybe some graphite powder would help us? I just never seem to get around to diggin it out or remeber it when i have time

I would start out by spraying some Dupont Teflon or silicon lube into the key slot. I am going to guess this will take care of the problem. If that doesn't work, you can try some dry graphite. It's best not to use petroleum products due to the fact they attract dirt, which will wear out the tumblers faster.
The key on my old Busa is strange. It will only lock the forks when it's in the slot one way only.
Good luck on your project.!!

Mine does this after a few rainy trips or if I wash it with the key in it. I put WD on the key and shoot a little down the key slot works great!!

Back