Temperature in the 90's Today? No problem. (pics)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I'm off today and the forecast says it's gonna be in the 90's. My wife and my son have to leave for work before 7:00am. What did I do? Check out the pics.:laugh:
First pic is the time I left the house.:laugh:
Second to the last pic is where I filled up just before heading home. I like filling up before heading home so she's always ready for the next outing.

Sorry about the crappy pics. It's too dark to really show anything. The best part is I already did 169 miles before my wife and son left for work.:thumbsup:

Now, I can spend all day with my daughter.:thumbsup:

169 mile ride 001.jpg

169 mile ride 002.jpg

169 mile ride 008.jpg

169 mile ride 013.jpg

169 mile ride 015.jpg

169 mile ride 018.jpg

169 mile ride 038.jpg

169 mile ride 041.jpg

169 mile ride 042.jpg

169 mile ride 043.jpg

169 mile ride 048.jpg

169 mile ride 050.jpg

169 mile ride 049.jpg

I commend you on your motivation to wake up that early just to ride...:bowdown:. I don't think I can do that. I like sleep too much :laugh:.

I commend you on your motivation to wake up that early just to ride...:bowdown:. I don't think I can do that. I like sleep too much :laugh:.

:laugh:

I set my alarm at 3:30am depending on what the weather's gonna be like the next day. I don't always make it, though. I work outside and sometimes, when it's too hot and humid, I'm exhausted the next morning. But, whenever I feel fine, I'm out there.
Now you know how I rack up the miles.:laugh::thumbsup:

I've been doing this since I started riding in October of '05. This is how I racked up over 120,000 miles in almost 5 years. 47,000+ of those is from my previous bike ('01 R1). I did it in less than 2 years.

Last edited:
No pics jumping the drawbridge~?~ :laugh:

Looks like you had a blast, too early for me~!~

Kinda like an early morning jog ...

No pics jumping the drawbridge~?~ :laugh:

Looks like you had a blast, too early for me~!~

Kinda like an early morning jog ...

Too dark to jump.:laugh:

I always have a blast every time I ride.:thumbsup:

I guess that's how you feel when you're addicted to riding.:laugh:

Man, you're dedicated! What time do you go to bed at night?

No specific time. I'm not a sleep person. Says a lot about my username.:laugh:

The night before I did the 1,000 mile ride, I only had about 3 hours of sleep.

Last edited:
you ride wayyyy out there lol

i typically dont make it that far out moco

how are the cops out there? i kinda feel like they are worse with nothing e.lse better to do than bother people
esp in places way out like demascus

you ride wayyyy out there lol

i typically dont make it that far out moco

how are the cops out there? i kinda feel like they are worse with nothing e.lse better to do than bother people
esp in places way out like demascus

I live in MoCo.:laugh:

I only saw one State Trooper on the PG side of the beltway and that was it.

I'm off today and the forecast says it's gonna be in the 90's. My wife and my son have to leave for work before 7:00am. What did I do? Check out the pics.:laugh:
First pic is the time I left the house.:laugh:
Second to the last pic is where I filled up just before heading home. I like filling up before heading home so she's always ready for the next outing.

Sorry about the crappy pics. It's too dark to really show anything. The best part is I already did 169 miles before my wife and son left for work.:thumbsup:

Now, I can spend all day with my daughter.:thumbsup:

Just curious, do you work?

Just curious, do you work?

Yes, I do. It's my day off today. That's the first thing I said on the first post.:laugh:

I was on vacation last 3 weeks that's why I was able to ride quite a bit after coming back from Florida.

I also mentioned last week that after our vacation, I'm going back to my early morning rides because I'm back to work starting this week.

Last edited:
cool camera set up, i was wondering what that red thing was in the pics, I thought it was a steering wheel, it was your wind screen.

wow what dedication, how's that Sonoco gas treat ya??? we don't have those here....

cool camera set up, i was wondering what that red thing was in the pics, I thought it was a steering wheel, it was your wind screen.
Thanks. It's a $20 mount I found at Best Buy.

how's that Sonoco gas treat ya??? we don't have those here....

It's just like the other ones. The reason I go there a lot is because it's the closest to our house. I like to keep her full tank every time I come home so I don't have to worry about stopping for gas in the beginning of the next ride.

i wouldn't ever get up that early to ride unless there was something waiting for me in another bed. you know what i mean?

Back