Rode over 400 miles today (YEAH!!!)

Nice - 100k is just around the corner :thumbsup:

Up to 51k on mine now - 2 more years and I'll catch up. But my goal is 200k :laugh:

Any issues other than routine stuff so far?

It varies. I just don't go very far on weekdays because I have to be back at a certain time to pick up my daughter from school. Don't want to get stuck far away and not make it home on time.

Nice mileage.....I always think suzuki should use your bike on a commercial. So what is your best route out of MD for good roads and scenery?

I like post like these because it makes me feel a little more confident about my upcoming 350 mile ride to Ohio in a couple of months.

The most I've ever ridden non-stop was 160 on my gixxer 1000 and I was uncomfortable by the end of the ride but I guess that was due to the bike itself and the so called seat on the bike. I've only ridden my Busa 70 miles non-stop which felt like a walk in the park so I don't think it will be to much of an issue for me.

I installed Heli bars and a Genmar 3/4" riser which I can tell has made a difference from my little local jaunts.

What advise/tips would you give for someone who plans on taking an extended long ride

I like post like these because it makes me feel a little more confident about my upcoming 350 mile ride to Ohio in a couple of months.

The most I've ever ridden non-stop was 160 on my gixxer 1000 and I was uncomfortable by the end of the ride but I guess that was due to the bike itself and the so called seat on the bike. I've only ridden my Busa 70 miles non-stop which felt like a walk in the park so I don't think it will be to much of an issue for me.

I installed Heli bars and a Genmar 3/4" riser which I can tell has made a difference from my little local jaunts.

What advise/tips would you give for someone who plans on taking an extended long ride

Motrin and stop to stretch every once in a while. Aftermarket seat?

One of the things that really helps me a lot when riding for over 1K miles is to stay relaxed both physically and mentally. I try not to think of how many miles left to go. I just enjoy the ride as if I just started even after covering several hundred miles. It really works for me.
Also, try to move your head side-to-side, up/down every few minutes or so without taking your eyes off of the road. It really helps your neck muscle to stay relaxed.
Ear plugs is a must for me. Can't ride without them.

Ok Thanks, Im trying to get ready for a long trip myself, going to attempt a 1200 miles ride, so far the longest for me is a lil over 700.

Motrin and stop to stretch every once in a while. Aftermarket seat?

Motrin :thumbsup:

I plan on stopping every 2 hours to stretch and top-off.

No after market seat yet, so many choices and haven't decided on which one to get yet. I think I'm going to get a "road" seat such as Saddleman and later a "show" seat like the New Image for my local riding.

One of the things that really helps me a lot when riding for over 1K miles is to stay relaxed both physically and mentally. I try not to think of how many miles left to go. I just enjoy the ride as if I just started even after covering several hundred miles. It really works for me.
Also, try to move your head side-to-side, up/down every few minutes or so without taking your eyes off of the road. It really helps your neck muscle to stay relaxed.
Ear plugs is a must for me. Can't ride without them.

Yes earplugs is a must especially with my loud exhaust.

It's funny how the psycho/physical aspect can play such an important role even in a straight ride. I can understand how if you learn how to relax your body and place yourself in your mental comfort zone it can enhance the length of your ride.

Back