First long ride of the year

We've been out enjoying the weather together the last two days, hope to get some riding in today too.

I know you hear it all the time, but that is an absolutely beautiful ride.

:cheerleader: Nice, I'm jealous. Won't be happening for a while here yet.:banghead:

Feb202011 001.JPG

How much does this affect handling and sport touring? Because it looks so D@#n good. :thumbsup:
We don't really have twisties around here that's why I picked the sport touring setup. The only thing I can tell you is that I love this setup.
I know you hear it all the time, but that is an absolutely beautiful ride.
Thanks very much.:beerchug:

Nice looking bike!:beerchug::thumbsup:
Thanks.:beerchug:

What did you use to lower it? (kit?). How much clearance is there between the bike and the ground when you sit on it and did you "tighten up" the suspension to keep from scraping cement when going over bumps?

:bowdown:
We sent the forks out to Traxxion Dynamics. They cut the springs, redid all the internals and dyno-tuned it according to my weight and riding style. We told them how much I weigh including all my gear and I picked the sport touring setup for long rides. I even carried my tank bag when the shop weighed me on the digital scale. I never really measured how much clearance there is between the bike and the ground but it almost doesn't move at all when I get on it because it was done properly.
We used Brock's lowering links for the rear and the rear shock was set to match the front.
It's very comfortable and still feels very sporty compared to stock. You know that feel that's like planted to the pavement? That's how it is. I would never go back to stock. It's so comfortable that I can ride over a thousand miles within 24 hours and not get sore at the end of the ride.

i love the way your bike looks. the red and black is sweet.. pledge helps i'm sure
Thanks. Pledge is my secret.:thumbsup::beerchug:

I forgot to mention that I've put over 16,000 miles since lowering it and never had any issues with it.

Back