Another Insurance Thread !!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I am paying $2400 a year for Full Coverage on my BUSA, BUELL, and M109. Was thinkin about going to Liablility Only for a Significant Save in Money. The BUSA is what is Killing me and my Driving Record.

My Question is How Many of you Fellow ORG Members have Liablility Only ?

Your Thoughts ???

Stay with the full coverage. You will thank yourself. If you are looking to save some money, I would do some shopping around for different insurance companies. I would go to insurance brokers. They will do the shopping for you and will get you the best price.

Do you pay 2400 each or for all three??
The reason I'm asking it 'cause $2400 is about what you pay for a 08 Busa alone over here.. :(

I've got full on my eventhough it's a -99..
It want's to fall down by design so... :)
But I've got friends just using liability, so if they crash they have to fix everything themselves.. But since our insurances seem a bit higher ($250-$500 per month for a newer sportbike) they save more money..

Stay with full coverage. I was going to get liability, and decided for once I was going to listen to my Pop, and stuck with full coverage, a month later my bike was stolen. THANK GOD I got it back, but if I didn't I would have been covered, instead of making payments on a bike for another 4 years for a bike I didn't have.

The guy at the dealership was telling me that there are so many guys that come in every month to make payments on bikes they no longer have, because it got stolen, or wrecked in the first couple of months.

Now my little brother just got a used 07 Gixxer 600 for $5,900.00 and the insurance company wanted almost $300.00 a month. He went with liability, and I would have too.

Not that you stunt, and this would not apply to you, but watch this........(CAUTION, they let the S-word fly)

Listen to the end of the video around 1:37...."he's only made 1 payment, and don't have any insurance".

P.S. the guy at the end with the brake lever is the best !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dropped mine to liabillity with theft coverage 2 years ago but, it is paid for and I am luck to clock 2k-3k miles a year. Nock on wood, that dont mean something could not happen in that time frame but it sure saves some $$$ for somethin that sits here in the garage. If it was financed or I rode alot or like a fool all the time then without a doubt I would have full coverage.

Last edited:
wow, I pay $280 a year for the 07 busa, and $440 a year for the 10 BMW S1000RR, full coverage 0/500 deductable 300/500/300 coverage. state farm!

I pay about $50 per month full coverage through state farm, of course I have everything with them. If the bikes are paid for I would keep comp. & liability and drop coll. to save a few dollars. If I run off the road or drop my bike I'm definately not going to tell my insurance company, will fix it myself.

Back