Dyno Brock Meg v Yoshimura....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
I was just reading through the Dyno King threads and noticed that Aaron from the Netherlands did a Dyno a few weeks ago for his 2001 Busa with full Brocks Megaphone, Pair removal and Small airbox mod, here are the results with restrictor:
Max power 180.6 bhp @ 9450 rpm and it made 186 bhp without restrictor.
Max torque 152.8 Nm (112.8 lbf) @ 6850 rpm

My 2003 with full Ti Yoshimura, Pair removal, Small airbox mod and short stacks, here are my results:
165.4 bhp @ 9800 rpm
Max torque 101.5 lbf) @ 7500 rpm

Now I am not knocking Aaron (Great numbers mate) but can a Brock be worth 15.2 bhp and 11.3 lbf, are they that good, me thinks not :bowdown:

Those numbers are for real. I switched from Yoshi to Brock's this past fall and saw similar gains.

To really compare the numbers, a single bike would need to be run on the same dyno.

Example: Take your bike, on that dyno with two different exhausts and tune for best performance from both pipes. Otherwise, you are comparing two different dyno's, which never read the same.

Brett, have you got the Dyno sheet, as I would be intested :beerchug:

To really compare the numbers, a single bike would need to be run on the same dyno.

Example: Take your bike, on that dyno with two different exhausts and tune for best performance from both pipes. Otherwise, you are comparing two different dyno's, which never read the same.
+1 not even near a valid comparison.. 15hp difference between the 2 pipes is pretty unrealistic... in fact, 15 hp from stock might be a bit of a stretch on some bikes I bet...

Last edited:
Are both bikes Gen-I's...? I'd guess the higher numbers are a Gen-II but as other have said you can't compare dyno's....

+1 not even near a valid comparison.. 15hp difference between the 2 pipes is pretty unrealistic... in fact, 15 hp from stock might be a bit of a stretch on some bikes I bet...

I would agree, I had a +10 HP gain in Brocks AH over stock pipe. Both runs done on same dyno, same tire pressure, same operator.

Back