Hp on dyno

mike774u

Donating Member
Registered
I have an 06 Hayabusa, I put a K&N filter in, PCIII, Full Yoshimura Duplex system, removed the pair valve and then took it in to have it dyno tuned. At 100.07 RPM, 175.6 MPH 75.19 ft/LBS it only read 146.57 BHP. Is this good? What are some other mods I can do that would boost me into more HP? Why is it so much lower than articals claim hayabusa have? Thanks for any tips or info you can give me...

Mike

that sounds like the dyno might have not been reading correctly. You shoud push well over 150hp stock. OR you have some problems with the map on the pcIII. or you got a bike with a weak motor......

That's Peak HP/TQ throughout the dyno or the given HP/TQ output at 175 MPH?

Won't the HP/TQ drop once you get past peak on it's way to 175+ MPH?

If you look at the ZX-14 dyno posted here at 10.9 RPM in top speed/gear it only has 156 HP and 75 ft/lbs. TQ. Doesn't state MPH.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155048159 -->

Here are my numbers from today.

<span style='color:red'>This was from the first pre-custom map run:</span>
<span style='color:darkblue'>Performance Modifications:</span>
ATRE
BMC Race Air Filter
Short Velocity Stacks
Tsukigi Spec II Race Full Exhaust System
Small Airbox Modification

First numbers: 169.9hp@9500 rpms 93.91 Torque

DynoSheetsProjectBusa1.jpg

<span style='color:red'>This was final run after shifting the air fuel ratio from high 11's to 13.05</span>
DynoSheetsProjectBusa2.jpg

<span style='color:red'>Final numbers: 172.7 HP@9650RPM 93.98 Torque</span>

Out of curiousity, what kind of tire are you running? I lose an average of 7 peak HP when dynoing with my Shinko low profile drag tire as opposed to say a Battleax. Just food for thought.

Out of curiousity, what kind of tire are you running? I lose an average of 7 peak HP when dynoing with my Shinko low profile drag tire as opposed to say a Battleax. Just food for thought.
This should NOT be how it is. Sounds to me as someone is not configuring the dyno correctly.

Dyno's should be able to adjust and account for gear ratios and tire sizes.

What gear are you guys dyno'ing in? And anyone tuned using the ignition box for the PCIII? I'd like to see if you'd pull additional torque by reducing lower rpm timing, and get more hp by increasing timing at the upper rpm.

Back