New 2008 Busa!

Billy Busa

Banned
Hi everyone,
Im thinking of getting a 2008 Hayabusa and want to know how others like the busa.
I never had a busa before but am thinking of getting one soon.
The only bike i ever had was a 2007 Kawasaki ninja ZZR-600.
Im 44 yrs old 6'2" 210 lbs.
Ive read that alot of people on here are having trouble with shifting from neutral into first at stop lights on their 08 busa, how much of an issue is that?
Are there any other issues with the 08 hayabusa?
I pretty much just want to use the Busa for commuting around and stuff.
How is the Busa in the city?
At a stand still when shifting into 1st, is it pretty smooth or is your front wheel going to come off the ground?
Does it handle well in the city?
Thanks everyone in advance.
race.gif

I love it!!!! The I had the same problem with neutral into first but when I askes the dealer they told me to release the clutch and pull it in again and it will go onto first, some kind of safty. I said ok and it worked for me. I am also 44 yrs 5' 9" 189 lbs and love riding it.

As hard as I ride her the front wheels never came off the ground. I ride her like a man not as a kid
beerchug.gif

I have the same clutch issue but it's not a big deal... just release the clutch and pull it back problem solved. You can hear it engage when you pull it back... The BUSA is as smooth as silk! One second your going 70 the next 140! i love my chick.
cool.gif

The '08 is a phenomenal machine. I have zero problems with mine, and I have over 6200 miles on it since Thanksgiving '07.

Shifting is like chocolate butter; silky smooth. The 'busa is a bulletproof masterpiece which everyone who enjoys motorcycling on the best should experience.

I cannot tell you strongly enough that the 'busa is a great all 'round bike.

I have had four total (02 silver/grey; 06LE x2 and the '08) and currently have the '06 Limited Edition and the '08 Charcoal/Black in my garage. Both of them are extraordinary.

My strongest endorsement is given here for your positive decision...if you can handle it!

Welcome to the .oRg. It's a mad, mad, mad, mad place, so you'll probably fit right in.

laugh.gif

Scar

Smooth power on demand. Comfortable too. (6'1 175) Also the fastest vechicle I've ever driven, and I've had and drove a few....Friends said oh your wrist, back, knees, etc, will bother you.  NOT. The only hassle I've had is my fancy Arai helmet requires ear plugs or I'll go deaf. Buy one, its the Ferrari of motorcyles...

I just picked mine up today (first one) and rode it home. At 40, 6'4" and 220lbs I can tell you that I rode for an hour today the only thing I noticed is that my forearms were being used much more than on my Harley. Other than that comfortable, awesome power. Had a Ninja 900 and 600 prior and this bike is so much more than those.

I'll need a little more time, and I am willing to sacrafice myself to test it is comfortable long term. I'll let you know how that turns out.
smile.gif

3_26_08new_Hayabusa_003.gif

It is a great bike...its the power that you need to worry about...respect it and you be fine! Abuse it and you will wear it!!!

Thanks everyone, Man , i love the blue and gold color the best, I like the white to. To bad they dont make the white in the usa.
Im getting a blue and gold one for sure.

Hey, do ya think its a good idea to get frame sliders on it. I was thinking of them putting frame slider on it before i even take it out the door.

Hey, do ya think its a good idea to get frame sliders on it. I was thinking of them putting frame slider on it before i even take it out the door.
Frame sliders are not a bad purchase, but what is the purpose you want out of them.

Frame sliders will help protect you frame from damage.

However, frame sliders are not fairing sliders.  They will not protect your fairings, stator cover or clutch cover.

A lot of people get pissed off at their frame sliders after they tip over their bike and find their fairing scratched up.

lol, hey another thing, i hate salesmen, is there anything i should be aware of when i buy my busa cuz i know how some like to rip you off.
I mean like whats the best service plan, or should i even get one?
Should i get an extended warrenty or not?
Cuz i know how some of these salesmen like to take everthing they can get.
guns.gif

I believe the majority of the shifting into 1st gear problems are no problem.  Its a minor little thing that the 99-07s also experience.  My '02 has over 55,000miles and occasionally I'll have to let out the clutch and pull it back in to get it into first.  I barely notice it anymore.

Back