08 Forks are no better?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I became ambitious tonight after dinner and decided I'd do a little tinkering with the suspension on the beast. I removed the left fork and completely disassembled it. I had a left fork from a previously crashed 07 Gixxer 1K which I disassembled as well.

Suzuki says the front end on your new busa is the same as the gixxer 1K. What I found was the only thing about the forks that is 1K is the upper and lower tubes. The enternals in your busa seems to be the same old stuff from the Gen.I? The springs are still the long flimzy springs that were only 8.5 compared to the gixxer's 1.05 spring rate.

I was disappointed as I had visions to install the inners from the gixxer into the busa tubes but no go. So if any of you get that brain fart that tells you to install gixxer internals into your busa fork tubes, send me a starbuck's gift card good for one latte as I have battled that beast for you already :-)

Just like the first generation busa's, the new busa definately needs suspension improvements!

Has anyone tried mounting the Gixxer master cylinder on their 08 busa or the Gen. I for that matter. I have a feeling the brake reservor will hit the cowling when turning to the left?

hmmm, my 08 suspension feels better than my 00-03 busa's but then again i ride sloooow
ThumbsUp.gif

I added the Ohlins internals and spring to my 08 forks. I cant wait for the body work to get back so I can ride the thing !!

Back