Professional Pilot

Default Vance and Hines with Slip-on's

So I did some searching and could not come up with the answer I am looking for so I will just now conceed and ask. If I install a set of V&H 4-2 headders with my slip-on's will I have to tune my bike or will it run alright? Thanks for the help.
    Scott
    2008 Busa: Suzuki Gel Seat, Scorpio Alarm, Pazzo Adj Levers, Buell Peg Mod,M4 Retro Drag Exhaust, Rear end lowering kit, Puig Z Racing Screen, Undertail Kit, DDM 55W HID Kit, LED markers, Trash Can Trunk, Galfer steel braided lines F&R, EBC HH pads

Default Re: Vance and Hines with Slip-on's

It will run alright but.....you will not see the horsepower gains or get smooth power unless you tune.

wannabe HOON

I happen to be running V&H headers with Yosh CF R-77 slip-ons. However, my bike already had a PC V on it and I am currently running a CANNED tune from Dynojet for an Akra 4-2-2 and bike runs great. I do plan to have a dyno/tune someday.

Professional Pilot

Sweet.. thanks for the responses... when I get this done I do plan to have it tuned I just done have all of the money up front to do everything at once.. I wish I was rich lol... Thanks again!
    Scott
    2008 Busa: Suzuki Gel Seat, Scorpio Alarm, Pazzo Adj Levers, Buell Peg Mod,M4 Retro Drag Exhaust, Rear end lowering kit, Puig Z Racing Screen, Undertail Kit, DDM 55W HID Kit, LED markers, Trash Can Trunk, Galfer steel braided lines F&R, EBC HH pads

If you want the most from the headers and pipes. Overall a safer running motor. Get a tune!
    Past bikes.
    1993 Yamaha FZR 600. 2001 Suzuki TL1000R. 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa. 2005 GSX-R 1000. 2005 DRZ-400SM. 2002 KTM Duke II. 2004 Yamaha FJR 1300. 2006 Honda VFR 800. 2007 Kawasaki ZX 1400. 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (for sale) 2008 Hayabusa turbo (for sale)

Rick Rollin'
    Images

Oh man the Vance and Hines 4-3 header is sexy. Sounds amazing when paired with my dual Alien Head slip ons. You will be most happy if you get the header, that I can promise.

But yes, get a tune. Highly recommended.
    The Hayabusa is Speed in all its glory. But Speed is not all the Hayabusa is.
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Rick Rollin'
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RussellJ
    Oh man the Vance and Hines 4-3 header is sexy. Sounds amazing when paired with my dual Alien Head slip ons. You will be most happy if you get the header, that I can promise.

But yes, get a tune. Highly recommended.
    ^ I meant 4-2

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Forum Runner
    The Hayabusa is Speed in all its glory. But Speed is not all the Hayabusa is.
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

A tune is only as good as the tuner... does the VH header have the bung for the stock O2 sensor? Do you like WOT? Do you want the most power you can get out of the bike or just casual riding with some play time?
    2008 hayabusa, Tsukigi cannon exhaust, K&N race filter, Bazzaz FI unit, and HPC custom tuned STD 189.23 HP 110.38 TQ pump gas.