Gen 2 Engine sort of noisy? I'm overly cautious

Corso1

Registered
All-

With almost no time to ride lately, my new Gen 2 has only 300 miles on her. I am noticing some ticking, which I think is likely just injector noise, but over all the motor seems a bit noisy in comparison to my ZX14. I can't quite remember, but my old Gen1 as I recall was a little noisy as well. I'm not to concerned as the bike seems to be running alright, but one can never be too cautious. I will hopefully get a chance to get some real miles in soon and get past the break in period. I also have my doubts that the shop fully charged the battery, as it seems sluggish to turn over. Again...could be just getting used to the new baby.
Am I hearing things, or have you Gen 2 pilots experienced the same thing?

Thanks brothers-

Corso

If it sounds like an industrial sewing machine...your good:thumbsup:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Get rid of the OEM mufflers and install a full system that will make the ticking go away. Ear plugs also make her sound awesome.

Get some miles on it and the engine should smooth out. Also get rid of the stock cans and get some good aftermarket slipons/full system.

I have a 2007 hayabusa with about 10,000 miles on her and she ticks loud i have a brock's side winder, custom air box w/ K&N filter, removed all population, TRE Timing Retarder, PC3 Mapped W/ Brock's Sidewinder map, is it normal for her to tick that load i beat on her a lot hole shot 150mph plus here and there no issue with her just a lil worried don't want to break her lol.

Good stuff! This is exactly the response I was hoping for. Just wasn't sure if they had tuned the ticks out in the Gen2 or not. I am actually sitting at home today, patiently awaiting the arrival of my Yoshi titanium cans. I cannot wait to hear her growl a bit. I have no intentions of modding this bike as much as I've done my others in the past. Just slip-ons and perhaps some creature comforts. No more dynos and fuel management piggies. I'm too old and can't spare any riding time to be tuning!

Oh yes....I will be swapping out the break in oil on schedule at 500-600 miles. Just been dodging rain drops trying to get there.

Thanks for all the responses. Much appreciated.

Corso

All-

With almost no time to ride lately, my new Gen 2 has only 300 miles on her. I am noticing some ticking, which I think is likely just injector noise, but over all the motor seems a bit noisy in comparison to my ZX14. I can't quite remember, but my old Gen1 as I recall was a little noisy as well. I'm not to concerned as the bike seems to be running alright, but one can never be too cautious. I will hopefully get a chance to get some real miles in soon and get past the break in period. I also have my doubts that the shop fully charged the battery, as it seems sluggish to turn over. Again...could be just getting used to the new baby.
Am I hearing things, or have you Gen 2 pilots experienced the same thing?

Thanks brothers-

Corso
I also own a 14 as well as the busa. The busa is a noiser engine than the 14, but it'll quiet down some as it breaks in, and you'll get used to it :thumbsup:

I noticed the same thing on mine after about 8000 kms or 5000 miles in non-metric speak. In my case it was more of a chatter that subsided after warm up for most part, but yesterday it was there for most of the say. Usually seems to happen in colder weather. I read somewhere else on this forum that it could be the automatic cam chain tensioner and a really good shop here told me that it's most likely that. I plan on taking in there this weekend and having a manual one installed. Will let you know if it fixes the problem.

Back