2000 Busa Died Now Noisy

2000busaGA

Registered
Bought a 2000 Friday ran great on test drive. Got home unloaded it an drove to work the next morning ran great for the 12 mile ride and as I was pulling into work it just died. When I tried to start it back up acted as if the battery was dead. Put on charge for a few hours an once I got it to start again. It's making noise as if it's knocking or something was told it could be timing chain. Bike still runs smooth but noisy.. anyone have any ideas.. I've only put 12 miles on this thing and never got above 7000rpm.

20170315_185801.jpg

Better check that you've had the timing chain tensioner modification done, if your tensioner has partially failed, it's possible it's jumped a tooth, I saw a recent post where 'isonblade's busa was (what looked like, over) a tooth out on each camshaft but he said the bike was still running fine.
With you're report, id be checking the tensioner and engine timing, wouldn't run it up at all, better to be safe than sorry.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/cam-timing-out.191816/

Lets see where to begin? Check stator/regulator, fuel pump and ALL hoses to the external pump,
Get a LIfo battery with higher cranking amperage. Be careful for starter gear kickback

BB

It's not a stock motor. It's head alot of work done to it. The boy told me it had dual cam adjusters in it and idr exactly what else. He has the bike back right now just can't get any answers out of him on it

Hmmm Something sound real fishy here,,, No such thing as Dual Cam shaft adjusters,,,

Back