Aaaaagggghhhhhhh! Cracked case!

gardian1701

Registered
ANOTHER MONTH, ANOTHER PROBLEM!

My starter gear wend pop! started her up the other morning and got a grinding spinning noise. Took her to the dealer, bad bad bad! if you liik on the 'pinned' article at the busa problem page titled 'A word to the wise' page 4 has a picture of exactly the broken bit.

Dealer says if it cant be welded I may need a new engine! My question is, does anyone know of the welding fix to work? I read on another forum of someone boring the hole deeper for the pin and using a longer pin! How long will a weld work for?

Im desperate! 4 grand could be down the pan!

Thank you.

a master mechanist and welder is what you need. look around. there is someone out there that can do a good job for ya.

I have a 2002 busa w the same problem.
mine broke 1/4 of the holder,someone here sales something the goes around e protects that part, it works for me. But it was never the same!!! You can check here ,people here are great.:thumbsup:

I think mine from schnitz or goldenchild. I remember somebody here had it welded back together and then installed the case saver sleve over that...

case saver 003.jpg

case saver 009.jpg

dang that sux. im sure there is a welder around that can help you out. i had a set of cases on my 250r that had to be welded back together. the rod went through the bottom of it and he fixed it.

YEAH!
My local dealer fixed it!

I couldnt get it welded in the conventional way because it would get the engine too hot and bugger up everything else! I could get the bottom section taken out but it all would have cost the same as a new second hand engine!

The solution?

He cut off the broken half of the pivot hole and drilled the hole bigger, put a fatter steel tube into the hole to hold the cog spindle at the same distance as the original piece of aluminium, he then used JB Weld and packed round the outside of the steel tube to make sure it holds in place, Forever!

I presume this job wont cost more than 3 hours labour and the price of the Putty JB Weld.

I am awsomely greatfull. I cashed an ISA to get this bike. Thinking of selling her thow due to having so many damned problems! :banghead: Cant find any problem pages for the Honda Blackbird! Ughhum!?! ::11

Back