Bike having problems starting.

01LANDROCKET

Registered
Ok,my bike seems to run fine but it will stumble for a full minute before it starts.

I can put a full charge on the battery and it will start right up.

I can go ride it all day starting and stopping and it starts right up.

If I leave it sitting for 2 days it will still start but takes forever to bust off.

I think it is a problem with spark not fuel because you can smell the fuel.

I have measured the ohms in the stator and did a resistance check and all was well.

I measured the voltage coming out of the regulator/rectifier and it is on par with the suzuki tech book.

I disconnected the power commander for assurance.

I replaced the reg/rectifier.

I replaced the battery.

I have three bikes and I can start one right up, pull the battery that just started that bike and drop it in this one and it will just crank for a minute and then slowly start to fire???????? I can shut it off and it will fire right back up??????? If I leave it sit for a day it will fumble forever before starting again, maybe two days anyways.

Anyone got any more advice.

I undid the ground and emery clothed it and re-attached, and the ground going to the starter cylinoid. I also tested it.

Not sure I understood 100% of your post, but have you checked for a drain on the battery ?

seems like your tune(fuel table) is off or a vacumn line may be disconnected. When did you put the powercommander on it? What was your changes made?

I have unplugged the pc3usb and it still starts slow and have swapped with 2 different computers so I have ruled pc and cpu out.

I can put a full charge on the battery and it will start right up.

If this is true, it is a battery problem.
New or not, here is how to tell if it is good:

Batt Voltage.jpg

I can use two different batteries, it will start my 06 no prob, swap into the 02 and it wont start, doing that with 2 different batteries so it has more to do with the bike than the battery!

Back