Throttle vibration question.

imbhyland

Registered
I am a new Hayabusa owner, got it a week ago, I love it! Scares the crap out of me. My problem is vibration in the throttle and my fingers going numb. There is minor buzzing in the left handlebar, but this is not a problem. It's my right hand that's the problem. I have a 2007 model with 5000 miles on it and no modifications other than a Vortex sprocket. I usually keep the RPM between 3 and 5 k.
Is this a common problem and if so is there something that I can do to reduce the buzzing. Maybe softer grips?

Thanks for any reply's

PS. this forum group looks awesome, I think I will be here a lot.

It's normal @ about 4,500 rpm to feel the buzz...different grips might help, also 'relax' your grip...don't squeeze the grips so hard. You should vary your hand position every once and a while on a long ride to help reduce fatigue.

It's normal @ about 4,500 rpm to feel the buzz...different grips might help, also 'relax' your grip...don't squeeze the grips so hard. You should vary your hand position every once and a while on a long ride to help reduce fatigue.

I agree.
It is because you are gripping it too tight.
I changed to these grips (Pro Grip 719):
Cheap and great!

progrip719.jpg

:welcome: to the org. you'll see that the people on here are pretty quick and right on with all the help they have to offer. we do require pics though :rulez:

:whistle:

I have found that gloves with some padding/insulation can reduce hand strain on long rides, I have the Alpinestars ST-1 Drystars, very comfy.

Thanks for the responses, I probably am gripping too hard ( you know, that whole sudden acceleration thing ). I'll try a better pair of gloves too.

Thanks for the responses, I probably am gripping too hard ( you know, that whole sudden acceleration thing ). I'll try a better pair of gloves too.

Your body will adjust after you rack up some hours in the saddle. Also, a tank bag that you can lean on to take pressure off your hands, arms and shoulders can really help for the long rides. A big bottle of Advil helps too.

Welcome! :beerchug:

I tightened down my front fork preload and that seemed to help with throttle vibration. You might try it if your suspension needs adjusting. Now I can ride about an hour before my right hand goes dead as compared to about 15 minutes.

I guess this is not the place to say "Get a grip" :laugh:

:welcome::welcome: all the same..

Back