knocking sound on start up...

Motospazz

Registered
I have checked the threads for this a bit (sorry maybe not in detail) but I have an 07 busa with 1650 miles on it. Bought it new about 3 months ago new. When I start it up it makes a popping sound once, then is fine. It will do this every time I start it cold or hot. Took it to the dealer this week to listen to it and the dealer says he has never heard that before? I broke it in as requested through manual and rarely ride it too hard. It will make the same popping sound occasionally when downshifting. I have 3 year warranty, but the dealer wanted to charge me $150 bucks to asses it to determine if it was my fault or covered under warranty (I have 3 year extended)

busawoody.jpg

Obviously we can't assess a problem of this nature over the net. You have some vacuum valves, etc. associated with the airbox under the tank.

I would take it to my dealer and tell them to fix it or replace it. No charge.

Thanks, I will get it in there asap. It doesn't seem to loose any power or happen too much so I guess my question was...is it safe to ride?

My dealer worked with me on a warranty issue and zuki paid no problems. Hopefully you're dealer will do the same for you.

Big Red, the sound just started after about 1500 miles. It will do it just about every time I start it, cold or hot...even when I turn it off and back on again right away.

you should remove your headers....make sure nobody is stuck in there. If the knocking stops...you may be too late

what is the idle set to if it idle's high could be back firing through the air box if it is to low it will die on you. THe dealer shouldn't charge you to look at it.

where are you at in this world.. i am sure we can figure it out by little bit more descriptive

Back