starting issues

tyler37075

Registered
I have an 05 busa with 5k miles on it.  Occasionally when I start it and let off the start button it sounds like it takes a second or two for the solenoid to drop out.  Is this normal
rock.gif
 I have only had the bike for 6 months!!

Welcome! Need more info about what's going on to be able to answer.

What I mean is that you still hear the sound of the motor cranking when you let off of the starter button even though the motor has already started. It only happens once in a while and only for a second or two but it makes me wonder if one day the solenoid is not going to release!!

2 things,
1. Starter relay sticking
2. Chipped/worn teeth on starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am new to the forum but, I had a question...I was in the twisties yesterday and pulled over with a couple of buddies for a break. when I tried to start my bike up again, while in neutral with the kickstand up, it came on but the engine would not start. I had to play with it a little, putting it in first gear and pushing in the kick stand ignition kill, among other things and it finally started. It was almost as if the bike was fully juiced electrically wise but it would not start. it gave me problems like that throughout the rest of the day when I would shut it off and try to turn it back on. does anyone know about this problem or know how I can fix it? I have a 07 so, the bike is pretty new. I do have a PCIII on it but the map is for yoshimura pipes not akrapovic bolt ons. thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I am new to the forum but, I had a question...I was in the twisties yesterday and pulled over with a couple of buddies for a break. when I tried to start my bike up again, while in neutral with the kickstand up, it came on but the engine would not start. I had to play with it a little, putting it in first gear and pushing in the kick stand ignition kill, among other things and it finally started. It was almost as if the bike was fully juiced electrically wise but it would not start. it gave me problems like that throughout the rest of the day when I would shut it off and try to turn it back on. does anyone know about this problem or know how I can fix it? I have a 07 so, the bike is pretty new. I do have a PCIII on it but the map is for yoshimura pipes not akrapovic bolt ons. thanks

Hi the heat from the engine when the bikes sitting gets heat soaked and the fuel evaporate's

Back