HARD TO START---> HELP

john74

Registered
I HAVE A 2003 BUSA THE BIKE MAKES A CRANK NOISE OR POPPING SOUND BEFORE IT STARTS FOR ABOUT 5 OR 6 SECONDS AND THEN STARTS . IT MAY DO IT SOMETIMES AND OTHER TIMES LIKE NOTHING HAPPENS..ANY IDEAS??

do you mean a sort of backfire?
the starter turns perfectly (so i doubt its the battery) as im holding the starter button the engine makes a clank noise,not all the time sometimes and mainly when its cold,if i open and close the kill switch about 2-3 times and hear the whine noise each time i open the kill switch in the engine then its starts fine without the clank noise ,without doing that trick the bike makes a loud clank noise before the engine starts up and then the bike starts....What could it be?

the ... " Whine" noise...is your "fuelpump" deliverin..whats need'd to "prime "the throttlebodie's.. not to sure about the " Clank".. can yah have ..someone else ..try to start your busa.. while you bend down n "listen" to your eng.. so you can ( Isolate) the noise ? ( 0.02 ) <-worth .... btw.. does the bike have sufficent amount of oil in it ?

the  ... " Whine"  noise...is  your  "fuelpump"  deliverin..whats need'd to "prime "the throttlebodie's.. not to sure about the " Clank".. can yah have ..someone else ..try to start your busa.. while you bend down n "listen" to your eng.. so you can   ( Isolate) the noise ?   ( 0.02 ) <-worth   ....  btw.. does  the  bike  have  sufficent amount of  oil  in it ?
yeah,plenty of oil!! im hoping its not the clutch starter,what are the symptoms of this??

mine had a upgrade starter motor when it had 5000 onit i had to roll it back and farwards to start it
rock.gif
apparently it was a common fault.

its the damn clutch starter i went to my mechanic and we found it i ordered the part its 140 euro..so what else do i have to change..i have a 2002 busa,in order to upgrade to a 2003 system is it neccessary to change more parts??im hoping to avoid the extra costs.If i only put the clutch starter would i be ok,or i can have this problem again??

Hello there.  I have an 02 Busa that I bought used from this guy, so warranty is out.  I am have starting problems with mine.  I was told to rock it back and forth then try starting it again.  This worked for a while but now, WON' T START AT ALL.  I wanted to know what is this?  How much will it cost me approximately?  Is this an easy fix?  (Meaning can a "backyard mechanic" do the job?)  How long does it take? And how do I prevent this from happening again?

Back