Titanium scratches..

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
is there a way to repair the finish on Titanium cans from small scratches like you do with stainless?

Try steelwool on the header tubes and see if that helps!

Yea, what John said. Are you talking Yoshi cans??? Yoshi had some instructions with their Ti cans...

Last time i bought a Yoshi system it was a TI canister. It came with a "scrubby pad" very similar to a green scotchbrite pad accept it was like a maroon color. I used it to keep the finish dull on the canister and it only took a very few light passes with it to start changing the look of the surface of the canister.

Last time i bought a Yoshi system it was a TI canister.  It came with a "scrubby pad" very similar to a green scotchbrite pad accept it was like a maroon color.  I used it to keep the finish dull on the canister and it only took a very few light passes with it to start changing the look of the surface of the canister.
Like to have one of those pads for just in case.
Let me know if you find one Randy.
thumb_up.gif

r8

well the pads are sold by color so maybe start at green and go from there.. I will poke around and try it on a hidden spot and see what I come up with.. thanks

Start with using 3m clear polish rubbing compound (1200 to 1500 grit comparable)

Sounds like those pads are just scotchbrite pads.

You can get them at automotive paint supply store. The red is coarser than the light green(or grey) the dark green is the coarsest

Back