carbon fiber exhaust cans

redliner100

Registered
would appreciate hearing comments on the durability of carbon fiber exhaust cans.

I really like the look but question whether they will hold up, especially compared to the other available materials like titanium, stainless etc.

the only thing i can see negative about them is they will fade in color over time.

on my second set no problems sold the first for the new style.

i luv mine. the can was from my old tl1000s. just cut it down & redrilled for busa exhaust. it has been in sun/elements alot. no issues

have heard if they fade that you can re-clear coat them. make sure to use clear w/ UV protection

I have carbon Yosh cans and they have been down a couple of times one at pretty good speed and no damage.

The hardest part is keeping the polished end clean.

(viva_colonia @ Nov. 07 2006,00:50) On long time use, they may burn through. Better use titanium instead.
I Love CF, Have Yosh CF on 3 Different Bikes,

One of the GSXR's has over 13000 Miles with the CF Can, Still Looks as Good as it did the day it was put on (and as a Plus, very low maintenance)

and Sound, I think gets better with Age!!!

Right, Yoshimura has a very good quality
a020.gif

(viva_colonia @ Nov. 07 2006,00:50) On long time use, they may burn through. Better use titanium instead.
ive had CF cans on my 900rr since 96. 60k on the clock and no burn, no fade...just some minor scratches that could be buffed out if i so wished.

I had one on my ATV and it held up to rocks, mud, water, etc... So i would think it would last a while on a bike.

Raptor.jpg

Back