Who is running the 520 conversion?

RamminBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Was told the conversion would help improve numbers on the Busa. Just not sure if I trust a smaller chain with the Busa's Power. I would definetly want to loose the master link.

BTW, still have the 03 R1 FS, dyno'd today

ARE YOU CRAZY?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? I would not suggest it if you ride aggressively at all. The Busa would do bad things to the 520 and there really isn't that much of an advantage IMO. Spend your money on better Mods.

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

This is what I expected as a response. Stealership service guys are saying it is a good mod, drop a tooth in the front, and add a full exhaust. I just was not sure about the strength. I am nervous about the master link enough as it is....
rock.gif

Whoever said that obviously have never ridden a Busa. I would do the 520 on a 750 or smaller bike but nothing over 750CC. too much torque that is what will get you and get you real bad if you are not careful.

I would do the Full exhaust but i have not tried the sprocket yet and I am having a delimma deciding to do it or not. I don't know if I want the extra acceleration or not. I am pretty happy with it the way it is.

I had to go through a certification for the military on my bike and found the slow speed slalom to be a bit challenging with the Busa chiggung in 1st gear, 2nd was way to much for it. Had to use a lot of clutch, but with the smaller sprocket the rpms would have been just a little higher.

some never learn but I have replaced many of cases on Busas with 520's.
Tell the dealership to stand behind it in writing that they will replace the cases when the chain breaks, then see what they say

Back