Roller chain conversion APE, HELP

Busa2613

Registered
Hi guys. I'm new here, and actually have never posted on forums before.
Reason I'm here, is I'm trying to find solid, credible information for gen1 busa.

I have the APE roller chain conversion kit and there is talk about 1. modifications needed to be done to tensioner guides.
And 2. What pin count on the cams is used for this roller kit?
Really there is a bunch of information needed to install this kit/upgrade. I would bet there is a link to another post where you guys have already discussed this topic. I am a mechanic by trade, and I've built a few KZ engines. Really need some direction on these busa engines.

If it matters. Engine has 9mm stroker and .110 of base for initial setup.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

so shouldn't the spacer be thicker than half the .3543?
Billet block is also installed. Different deck height than stock. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Either way, I still need to find information on the roller cam chain conversion. Cam Guides are supposed to be modified. As well, the new gears are larger in size and require a different pin count. That's the information I am searching for.
Thanks for your help.

Dunno the cam pin count but the modifications to the guides are visible once u mock it up, lil bit of grinding with a bench top disc sander made it quick. Top guide most don’t use.

Pretty easy once u dive in, If u have done the cam tower upgrade on the kz heads then you can do this no prob.

Dunno the cam pin count but the modifications to the guides are visible once u mock it up, lil bit of grinding with a bench top disc sander made it quick. Top guide most don’t use.

Pretty easy once u dive in, If u have done the cam tower upgrade on the kz heads then you can do this no prob.
Thanks for the input. It does seem pretty self explanatory when you look at it. Just didn't want to miss anything that others have learned from.
I'll say, I do like the KZ tower and manual adjustors better. You can make them tight and know exactly where you wanna be. The busa still has me hunting for a good spot. Thanks again

Wow where did you get a billet block? I don’t have anything to add but I’d love to see pictures of the engine and bike. What’s the bike setup for?

I don't have any experience on this, but I recall seeing pictures of broken top chain guides in the past. I think if it was me, I would at least put a brace in its place that doesn't touch the chain but supports the cam holders.

Back