What are the odds...

FJRider

Registered
I ordered a Shoei Hayabusa Helmet, '05 matching blue & silver back in April from Suzuki of Tomball. Amount immediately got charged to my credit card. Salesman said they'd have to order it and figure a few weeks to get it. Nothing in May or June. I called. Sales: maybe August. July and August pass by. I call again. Dealer then claims Suzuki delivery in mid-Oct. October goes by. I call at the end October. Now claimed delivery is mid-December. Saleman claims I'm in the que for one, but if I cancel I'll probably never get it. What do you think the odds are that Suzuki is back-filling '05 Shoei Hayabusa helmet orders? Has anyone gone through this and received a helmet?

I think i would have given up by now, those helments are way too expensive to have to wait 7 months.
mad.gif

I went thru it with a tank bra in 04, but it never showed up.. Your best bet is to contact Suzuki directly and see if you can get your area Suzuki rep. involved!!!!!
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

what the....?
rock.gif
That's quite odd. I'd get def. get some higher-ups involved.

It's just a lower end Shoei ....perhaps you might do some calling around to other Suzuki dealers (usa the Suzuki site to get numbers) to see if any others have one collecting dust.
Chances are decent that you'll find one.
Too much money for this kind of wait.
mad.gif

I think there not suppose to charge your card if they haven't shipped item.

Call Joe Harrison Motorsports in San Antonio. I ordered mine when I bought my Busa in April. It took 2 weeks to come in. Shipped to my home. Last week I ordered 1 for my wife and it is already in at the dealer. I will pick it up this Saturday along with my new Joe Rocket 2 peice leathers, Joe Rocket boots, Joe Rocket gloves and several other items. All the gear is the GPX series. Both of the helmets are '05 Shoei Hayabusa Blue/Silver. 1 large and 1 medium. Give them a call.

David

Ted is a good guy, I somewhat had the same thing,but patience is the key if you want the helmet.Give them a chance.NJ.My wait was worth it though....

shoeix11norick52.jpg

Sound a little fishy to me. I have never been charged till the part or item is actually on the way.

By the way, how much did you pay for the Shoei Hayabusa helmet. Retail was right at $500 but they gave me a small discount. I think I ended up paying around $425 for my Large and the same for the Medium I just ordered for Wifey. She probably won't ever ride on the Busa with me to wear her new matching Blue/Silver Hayabusa helmet. She prefers riding on the Goldwing and has a HJC flip front for when we are Wingin' it. But she has wanted a helmet like mine since she first saw it. I wanted to try to talk her out of the new Shoei but she lets me have just about anything I want so who am I to question what she wants. I just try to keep her happy.

David

You can get the Hayabusa Shoeis alot cheaper than $500,Shop around,I've seen them for like $269,289,329,just look around on the net.NJ.

Back