Vietnam Sacrifices

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
This is really sobering. First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city where you went to high school and look at the names.

Click on the name and it will give details of the person's death, a picture or at least their bio and medals.

This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.

Names of Vietnam War casualties by city and state www.VirtualWall.org

Hard to look at. I remember when the Vietnam Memorial was a big competition for the memorial design. I was in school at the time, a sophmore I think. My professor had a bunch of us working on his competition proposal but an Asian girl at MIT I believe won. Everyone was all pissed over her proposal because it seemed to "hide" the war, as it could not be seen from the mall like all the other ones. Many also were angered because she was Asian. But I think her innocence allowed her to see the soldiers, not the war - a profound turn around from how people saw memorials at the time. When i got to experience it in person I was moved to tears by the power of all the names of people who lost their lives there. To see the names spelled out on the black stone somehow made each name special. If you have not been there you must go.

Look at each of those names and think about every thing you have and enjoy. That's how much it cost.

very kool and another reminder that nothn good ever comes from war. just death! I'm sure far worse things cud result like Germany for example occupying all of Europe but nonetheless nothn good ever comes. RIP.....

I graduated from high school in 1968. Many of my classmates names are on the wall.

Back