Two Brothers M2 slip-ons.

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
First of all, I'm loving my new TBR Hayabusa slip-on exhaust I got today. Top notch quality, for sure. Gotta love that sound!
Question for you guys that also have them mounted. From all the youtube videos I have seen of the Two Brothers exhaust like mine, as far as I can see, it shows the RIGHT bracket mounted to the OUTSIDE of the foot peg mount. But the supplied instructions clearly show the right side bracket mounted to the inside of the foot peg mount!?
I'd appreciate some feedback from you guys...................are the supplied instructions wrong or are the guys on youtube mounting theirs incorrectly??

RE: Instructions.....see step #8

Thanks in advance!

Jimbo

Attachments

• 005-19304xDM_Inst.pdf
    481.5 KB · Views: 192
When I installed them I just stood behind the bike and made sure they looked right and close to even. Because I had some bikes that used the spacer on the left side and some that didn't need them.

When I installed them I just stood behind the bike and made sure they looked right and close to even. Because I had some bikes that used the spacer on the left side and some that didn't need them.
UPDATE: FWIW, that's exactly what I just got through doing. They just didn't look right as far as alignment with one another with the right bracket mounted on the inside of the foot peg. So I remounted the right bracket on the outside of the foot peg mount and now she looks correct. I emailed Twobrothers.com with this info and hopefully they'll revise their instructions.

I just got an email from Twobrothers.com saying that they're going to revise the instructions to reflect mounting both canisters on the OUTSIDE of the foot peg holders.
Anyway, I took a little spin up our local "Mini-Dragon" (Virginia City truck route, 5 miles of semi-deserted twisities) which is only 7 miles from my doorstep and noticed occasional popping upon deceleration in the lower gears. Turned around, went back home, did the marble mod and headed back up there. No more popping, just sweet music to my ears. :thumbsup:

100_4213 (Large).jpg

100_4214 (Large).jpg

100_4215 (Large).jpg

I have mine mounted, just like yours. I had to pause myself, when I got to installing it, like the instructions indicated. Good call contacting Two Brothers on an instructional change. Good choice in exhaust. Looks Great! :thumbsup:

Long time JIMBOO how are You ? Nice PIPES.................Could you wash that thing please :laugh:

An interesting point there from the instruction sheet:
"NEVER dyno test your bike with carbon fiber or titanium canisters installed - the intense heat and lack of cooling air can quickly burn through the canister material. Two Brothers Racing does not provide a warranty for burned canisters."

When I installed my titanium pipes, they left and right tubes were mismarked. Only figured it out after installing them wrong. Love them though.

I also noticed that the bike needs a good cleaning. I can't believe some guys let them get dirty like that!:laugh:

An interesting point there from the instruction sheet:
"NEVER dyno test your bike with carbon fiber or titanium canisters installed - the intense heat and lack of cooling air can quickly burn through the canister material. Two Brothers Racing does not provide a warranty for burned canisters."

WTF?! Never heard that before. Must be a "cover your az" kinda thing.

Back