Triumph or Vstrom

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Triumph is having some great deals on the Triumph Tiger. Fully kitted with hard bags for $19K. This is a nice bike but it did not fair well in a couple comparisons to other bikes in the class. Many of you may not put much stock in reviews, but I find that after the newness of the bike wears off you start to realize the finer points. If you are going for adventure the BMW 1200 is flat out the sled. Then there is the Vstrom that is only $16+K fully kitted. All reviews is this the Zuk is a sleeper bike but it's a Suzuki and they cheap out on stuff that reduces the bike to poor man's bike status in spite of great performance.

Anyone have experience with a Tiger?

This member Stilslo had one and stated he didn’t like it, perhaps he will chime in or your can ping him

Triumph is having some great deals on the Triumph Tiger. Fully kitted with hard bags for $19K. This is a nice bike but it did not fair well in a couple comparisons to other bikes in the class. Many of you may not put much stock in reviews, but I find that after the newness of the bike wears off you start to realize the finer points. If you are going for adventure the BMW 1200 is flat out the sled. Then there is the Vstrom that is only $16+K fully kitted. All reviews is this the Zuk is a sleeper bike but it's a Suzuki and they cheap out on stuff that reduces the bike to poor man's bike status in spite of great performance.

Anyone have experience with a Tiger?
I dunno about the R1200 anymore since I've heard about many rear drives going out of them....

I do like the new Africa Twin but they are pricy...I do know people who have over a 100,000 miles on their V-Stroms with zero issues so that bike would get the win from me.

A mate of mine got a new BMW 1200 a couple of years back , was pretty pricey , but he loves it and has done a lot of trips on it . BMW are getting good power out of that motor nowadays . Pic of mates , full kit .

I was looking at that in the 1200. I fit on the regular seat but then I tend to settle the suspension a bit I must say! The Triumph has not been doing too well on some of the reviews on youtube. But I don't plan to go off road with it unless the world ends and I have to run from zombies. But anyway, if it weren't for the transmission recall one of those would probably be in my garage now!

I was looking at that in the 1200. I fit on the regular seat but then I tend to settle the suspension a bit I must say! The Triumph has not been doing too well on some of the reviews on youtube. But I don't plan to go off road with it unless the world ends and I have to run from zombies. But anyway, if it weren't for the transmission recall one of those would probably be in my garage now!
Your BMW recall or did the tigers have one too ??

Back