Track video

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
I finally figured out how to convert a DVD file to a WMV file, so I took one lap out of my track day video to share with you guys/gals.
cool.gif

This was at Blackhack Farms Raceway in S.Beloit, IL on 9-4-05. Please keep in mind that this was my first day at this track, and only my 3rd day ever on this bike, so I'm still learning both of them.
laugh.gif

The sun makes the video look dark in some areas, so I've also included a direct link for those that want to play with the brightness. The guy with the orange shirt OVER his leathers is one of NESBA's Control Riders. Here ya go
wink.gif

http://media.putfile.com/stkr-at-Blackhawk-Farms

Video direct link (right click - save as)

<span style='color:red'>EDIT:</span> The FULL session - 15 min video - 20MB smile.gif

Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Here's the man and the machine
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "updated link to full session"|1141626167 -->

wink.gif

AWESOME! Nothing more to add but DROOL DROOL DROOL! I'm tracking the busa 4 times this summer. Gonna be fun

That's it....I'm getting a track bike. That looks like a blast! Nice job.....We've got Hallet down here, about a 2 hour drive for me. All the guys that have gone over say it is just a great time. I'm thinking a few year old gsxr 750 may do the trick, outfit it as track only. It just seems so much safer then the street!

I'd like to get out there one of these days and try out MAM. Might be worth a road trip
wink.gif

You'd have to give me a 1/2 lap headstart...Busa vs. GSXR-600
laugh.gif

That's it....I'm getting a track bike. That looks like a blast! Nice job.....We've got Hallet down here, about a 2 hour drive for me. All the guys that have gone over say it is just a great time. I'm thinking a few year old gsxr 750 may do the trick, outfit it as track only. It just seems so much safer then the street!
They should make anyone doing a track day sign a "financial" waiver, because once you get on the track, your addicted.
laugh.gif

Hi my name is Jim, and I'm a Trackhead
blush.gif

Looks like a blast
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Tell me about it, trackdays are going to put me in the poor house
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Finally got the full video uploaded. Video quality had to suffer, but Putfile limits files to 25 MB. Still no sound yet...I'm working on it.
laugh.gif

The FULL session - 15 min video - 20MB smile.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141626216 -->

I'd like to get out there one of these days and try out MAM. Might be worth a road trip
wink.gif

You'd have to give me a 1/2 lap headstart...Busa vs. GSXR-600
laugh.gif
hahahahah I still cant rail the busa to keep up with you 600's on that track. sure I take the strait, then you get 16 turns staring at my fat butt!

Nice job thanks for sharing. A little dark in spots you may want to brighten up the video during the editing process
smile.gif
Just a suggestion
smile.gif

Oh btw here is a quick video of me on my Busa back in 04 before I sold her and bought the gixxer. This was taking by accident from a guy who I met at the track, this was Willow Springs Race Track the "big" track for those that may not now they have a few tracks in one facility. Anyway here it is its not long but this is the very first
smile.gif

http://www.supportforcomputers.com/mc/tempvideo/motrfinger.mpeg

<!--EDIT|MoTrFinger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141519822 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

Is this after you geared down? I could tell when you rolled on it in the corners and shot out there like a cannon ball!
laugh.gif

Cool vid, Jim. Man, oh, man! I hope the F4 is ready to roll this spring.
mad.gif
I still get furious thinking about my wasted money at Black Hawk! I'm sure I got all the kinks worked out now, though.

Is this after you geared down? I could tell when you rolled on it in the corners and shot out there like a cannon ball!
laugh.gif

mad.gif
I still get furious thinking about my wasted money at Black Hawk! I'm sure I got all the kinks worked out now, though.
This was before the gear change to 15/48, I was still at 16/45 during the video. The MotoVid guys were the ones that recommended the new gears. II only got one session on the dry track during the class, so I'm not sure how it will work out.

Hope you get the F4i out there this year. Road America is April 19/20 with NESBA. I'll be up there riding on the 19th, and spectating on the 20th, then I've got my race class there on the 21st. Probably camp out at the track.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif
This was before the gear change to 15/48, I was still at 16/45 during the video.  The MotoVid guys were the ones that recommended the new gears.  II only got one session on the dry track during the class, so I'm not sure how it will work out.

Hope you get the F4i out there this year.  Road America is April 19/20 with NESBA.  I'll be up there riding on the 19th, and spectating on the 20th, then I've got my race class there on the 21st.  Probably camp out at the track.
cool.gif
Ah ha. Maybe we can hook up again. This time with my F4 ready to go.
blush.gif
I've been thinkin' about taking the LCR class there in April. RA's about an hour and twenty from my place....and much easier to find than Black Hawk.

Man, in those vids it looked like you were coming out of a sling shot when you rolled on the throttle! Must just be a monster now with your gearing adjustments! Ha!

The LCR class is fun. Not a lot on teaching skills, but more on CCS rules and procedures. You still get a fair amount of track time although not as much as a track day. Doing the class at Road America would be really nice because the track is HUGE. Plenty of room for people to pass without endangering each other. My worst fear about racing is the dog pile in turn 1 at the start of the race. After that, things spread out a bit.

Hope to see ya out there sometime.
cool.gif

I finally figured out how to rip the audio from the dvd, and now I've updated the full video with sound. Mostly all you hear is the camera bike, but if you listen closely, you can here the little gixxer through the hindle pipe.
cool.gif

This video is a good example of the NESBA Beginner group. There's no passing in the turns...that's why it took so long to get around the one guy with the gearing I had. The arm gesture at the end was me being thankfull that I didn't crash. There were a few "oh shid" turns near the end when I was pushing it a little too much. I know the bike can handle it, but the rider (me) is still learning.

Full session video with sound cool.gif

Just another action shot
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141626328 -->

cool.gif

hehehehe at my last track day I was evesdropping on the advanced riders....

"so how many crashes have you had due to bike glitch or malfunction?"

"bike malfunction or break down crash? ZERO! Rider error? 100% all of them 100% of the time. Never had a 'bike' CAUSE the crash"

funney, yet cool how that works. makes sense too if ya think about it. even if the bike slides out on a corner... it's not the TIRES GRIP fault, it's the rider's ignorance fault. So far, I have not been ignorant!
biggrin.gif
Yet. ;)

Can't wait for spring

Yup...rider input is the cause for most of the crashes
wink.gif

I wish I could afford to take the Keith Code's California Superbike school. They have a slide-bike so that you can experience what a front/rear slide feels like without crashing, and how to handle it. That would be a nice skill to have. I guess you could justify the school cost by comparing it to repair costs of the bike though.

One of these days...
tounge.gif

Back