Touching Base..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks..it's been awhile since i've posted here and was thinking of you all as i rode Oren out to a beach NA meeting this morning to pick up my 18month keytag for Clean and Sober..Oren hasnt been starting all that spiffy these days and just for gits and shiggles i went ahead and filled up with Cheveron 93 Octane after dumping whole bottle of STP concentrated FI cleaner in the empty tank and viola..what a difference..havent even burnt 1/4 tank yet and Orens right back to her snotty super responsive self.

I've always ran 87 in her but being an '03 GenI i can recall a time when i rode everyday (as opposed too 1-3 times a weeks these days..which is why i dumped in the STP FI Cleaner) that she was finely tuned and super responsive running 87 (like she was today) but...even with my vehicles i'm noticing that the fuel these days seems to be lacking..just wasnt getting the same punch out of Oren or my Titan P/U...and after todays experience i believe it's the expensive stuff for them both from here on out..they run better and it seems i get a small return on mpg so..i guess it comes close to panning out in the end..checked all the usual suspects first..i had just installed a new set of plugs a few months back..cleaned my BMC Race A/F..but still started sluggish..but somewhere's between the High Test Fuel and STP FI cleaner she's back to firing up at a tap of the starter button, idle has cleaned up nice and stable like and i dare say even slighty elevated and Orens singing that oh so sweet song again on accel. :)

Anyways..lifes good..and this mornings run to the beach saw me gaining a rejuvinated appreciation for riding Oren..hope all's well with ya'll and L8R, Bill. :cool:

You will have to remember that ethanol attracts moisture/water. Being a mechanic I have seen equipment that if left unused for a period of time they will not run very good if at all. I have seen a carb rust completely up in less in three months time. Last year I had to work on a gixxer 1000 and it was in bad shape for that problem.

You will have to remember that ethanol attracts moisture/water. Being a mechanic I have seen equipment that if left unused for a period of time they will not run very good if at all. I have seen a carb rust completely up in less in three months time. Last year I had to work on a gixxer 1000 and it was in bad shape for that problem.

good info there b4dd0g..wasn't aware of the ethanol attracting water gig...guess i should also look into some additives to get the rainstorm out of my tank. LOL!

Great to hear Jinks! You thinking about making the run up to the bash this spring? Been too long since you joined us up there

Congrats on the sober!!!! Keep that up :thumbsup:

I only run 91 in mine, for what it cost to fill it seems to like the 91 the best so why not.

Great to hear Jinks! You thinking about making the run up to the bash this spring? Been too long since you joined us up there

Well?..i would love to but too soon to tell..got a lot going on these days..if i have time and ca$h i certainly will but have been keeping my head in the right place through archery..and of course?..i'm "addicted" LOL!

Just a few months ago i sorta gave up the wheelbows and went "Traditional BareBow"..Got some real nice national and world trad champs coaching me online and have a form clinic to attend in venus, fl in May where i'll be coached by 2004 IBO World Champion Rod Jenkins...bought myself a new custom made Bushmen "American Native" Longbow for christmas and i find it very relaxing..here's a clip i made to be critic'ed of me practing some form changes..and they say i'm doing real well..maybe i'll take the senior division! LOL!

come2gether

But i'll surely make it if i can..heck..i've almost forgotten what a curve is down here in floriduh! LOL!

Congrats on 18 months Jinkster!

Been awile since I've posted up here as well. Good to see ya still around.

Well?..i would love to but too soon to tell..got a lot going on these days..if i have time and ca$h i certainly will but have been keeping my head in the right place through archery..and of course?..i'm "addicted" LOL!

Just a few months ago i sorta gave up the wheelbows and went "Traditional BareBow"..Got some real nice national and world trad champs coaching me online and have a form clinic to attend in venus, fl in May where i'll be coached by 2004 IBO World Champion Rod Jenkins...bought myself a new custom made Bushmen "American Native" Longbow for christmas and i find it very relaxing..here's a clip i made to be critic'ed of me practing some form changes..and they say i'm doing real well..maybe i'll take the senior division! LOL!

come2gether

But i'll surely make it if i can..heck..i've almost forgotten what a curve is down here in floriduh! LOL!

Congrats on the 18 months....:thumbsup:

Thats some real nice shooting too:thumbsup:

Congrats on the keytag! I can't believe it's been 18 months already. Where does the time go?

Hey brotha, good to hear from you! Glad things are going well.

Bill, so good to hear from you man! Congrats, im so glad things are going good for you! Keep up the good work! :bowdown:

Back