Tire/Tire size?

K Wolf

Donating Member
Registered
Hello all. I'm planning on replacing both tires on my stock 02 soon. I am wondering if there are any performance enhancing tire sizes I should consider. On cars, I usually mount the widest tire I can with the lowest aspect ratio I can tolerate on any given rim size. Is this a good policy on bike tires? I am interested mainly in sport/touring type riding, so good handling on various road conditions is important to me. I've been looking into Dunlop 208s (based on much feedback from other local riders) in the stock sizes, but am curious about the 200/50-17 size rear on my stock rim. Anyone have any tips/info?

Thanx in advance. Good riding to all!

200/50/17 Pirelli Corsa or Super Corsa!
wink.gif

200s --- a little harder to corner/more work
180s --- a little easier to corner/less work

This is mostly due to the tire profile, the higher the profile the easier the bike will "fall" into the corners.

Dunlops are know to not warm up quick in the winter, trust me I have them on.

Thanks guys. Think I'm going to stick with stock size tires. Slow warmup in the winter is my only real gripe with the stock tires. Are D208s worse than stock in that regard?

Welcome to the board. 208s are slow to warm up but other then that I really liked them and know a lot of people that have them.

The D208s do take longer to warm up, but the really hangon in the corners. When you get them warmed up and stop, you'll see all kinds of stuff sticking to them.
biggrin.gif
I had them on my ZR-7S, and I'll be putting them on my Busa when it's time.

Back