Thinking of Trading the Busa

AROUND HERE THEY HAVE A LOT OF JUNKYARDS WITH NEW OR NEAR NEW BIKES THAT HAVE BEEN 'TOTALED'BY THE INSURANCE CO.
GOOD DEALS BUT BIKES WITH SALVAGE TITLES CANNOT BE INSURED FOR ANYTHING BUT COLLISION AND MAYBE THEFT
USUALLY A LOT OF PLASTIC DAMAGE,BUT I WOULD HAVE SOMEONE WITH ME WHO REALLY KNEW BIKES CHECK ONE OUT BEFORE I BOUGHT ONE.
LOTS OF CBR600 AND R1S CHEAP

Aaaaah...Whew! Keep the 'Busa Marc, if you're thinking of getting a "Flicker" I still stand with the Suzi 1k.

Yep! What they said. And my new riding buddy here has a Gsxr1K very fine,very smooth, very fast. Actually faster in the 1/4 mile than a stock busa. Most mags rate the Gix above the R1 in most every catagory.

( my 2 pennies worth )
wink.gif

I've been wanting a gixxer 750 In addition to the busa for track days and twisty usage.

If I were to buy a race replica I'd probably stick in the 600-750 range. Just as fast for my skill level and less to worry about. You can absolutely rag on my wife's 600's throttle with very little concern. It makes for a very fun ride. I wouldn't want to have to constantly meter the throttle on the 1000 for that type of riding. JMHO

well the thing i loved about my 600 was that it was an easy flicker in the corners. Felt like i could steer it with my knees alone. On somedays i wish i had of kept it as a second bike or even a track bike... But hindsight is always 20/20

Say it isn't so!!!! You cannot get rid of girlfriend!!! She will never forgive you and you will be VERY unhappy.... Save the pennies and get a track bike!! That's what I'm going to do... You are mad fast on the Busa as it is.. a track bike will only make you faster.... But DON"T give up the BUSA!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE!!!
pissed.gif

just my .02

Lo

I say, no matter what anyone else says, choose for yourself what will be the best for YOU.

I personally think the R1 is easier to handle than the Gixxer, tho. But, for me, 600's are the only way to go for carving.

Speed isn't the issue!  I know the busa is the King in that department.  Carrying tons of corner speed is not her best gig though.  I do the twisties and the track the busa can do both but is not the king of either.  I love my "girlfriend" and I am sure that I won't get rid of her anytime soon.

I am on the prowl for a 2nd bike...

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Drop a 100lbs off her. That will make it all better. Dump 10 grand or so into it.

For less than 10 G's I am out the door on a GSXR 750 or any 600! Thanks for the suggestion though...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Howlin_Mad ya poor guy I think ya got some type of bug!! You need to lay down buddy, (Guys we have to find a lady to nurse this poor guy back to health!&#33
wink.gif
Marc I think you have a fever, and if you part with the Busa and you come back to your right frame of mind your going to kick your self!!! keep talking this way and Im going to have to look ya up and smack ya with a rubber chicken!!
pissed.gif

OK Max you win! I am OK going to save my coin and get a second bike.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Wow that was close... But were still going to get ya a very large endowed nurse just to make sure you stay healthy, and keep smiling....
thumbs-up.gif

You may be right... I still do feel a little feverish maybe you should send the nurse.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Back