Things you learn while moving rotten logs.

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
Well... The lesson I learned today while moving approximatley 20 loads of rotten tree stump and miscellanous debri.

Everything that would live in rotten wood bites. Not only do they bite they are almost invisible.

The second thing I learned is to never remove the long sleeve shirt to wipe brow... Something may be lurking in it and bite you.

Never blindly dig through the rotten debri because once again something will bite you.

And finally never... and I mean never let anything sneak into your pants because you guessed it it will bite you!

Not only will it bite you it will attach itself in a way that makes removal funny to the passerby.

The most innocent looking bug is a potential biter.

You have all been warned
biggrin.gif

I feel your pain man... No details but I feel your pain...

I honestly don't know... I was doing the "there is something in my pants and its not friendly dance" While my neighbors watched in horror and amazement I might add... While reached in my pants between hops... then unzipped and removed the offending biter (with my eyes closed so I did not have to witness the horror of a bug attached to my junk)... It felt... never mind I will spare the rest of the play by play...
Needless to say it grabbed me were I live and had to be wrested free violently.
laugh.gif

ha ha ha in that situation you have to drop your trowsers on the spot....girls will scream buy a guy that has been there will understand...that is unless you are going commando (Rules of living on the farm....If it feels like it is biting you...it prob is)

I honestly don't know... I was doing the "there is something in my pants and its not friendly dance"
I was cutting up some old deadfalls after a wind storm at my buddy’s house a few years ago. We were cutting them into 10ft sections and humping them out to the truck to cut into fireplace lengths. Well after several trips I am standing there and I hear a high pitched hissing noise like gas escaping. My buddy fires up the chainsaw and I am yelling at him to shut it off. He complies and I ask him if he hears that noise. He’s deaf as a post and can’t hear it, so I start trying to isolate where it is coming from. After some stumbling around I find the source. A very small Bat is lying on its back in the weeds and screaming bloody murder. In fact there were several small bats lying there screaming. We stood there and though about it for a moment and realized they had fallen out of the logs we were cutting up and carrying out on our shoulders. Almost simultaneously we both start madly dancing around trying to look at our backs, shoulders, hair etc. to make sure we weren’t toting any of these little vermin around with us. It was like a scene from Monty Python or something. We didn’t get bit but I can definitely relate to the critters in the woodwork thing man.

I remember cutting and stacking about 2 1/2 cords of wood, several years ago, just to find that I disturbed a black widow egg sack. The mother black widow was really mad! Those things are quick, but she didn't get me or my buddies.
wow.gif

I was clearing some smaller trees from around a large oak one cool winter day and keep smelling this musty odor. What could smell that bad around these trees?....well as I was about to grab a hand full of sticks I noticed this slow moving stick....only it wasn't a stick.... it was a snake, a copperhead to be exact! BLUCK...I get the hibbie jeebies thinking about it now.

Back