The McMissle

GhostRiderTL

Registered
I just read this article. It's pretty funny but messed up. I don't think she should have gotten two years, maybe community service and a fine, but two years give me a break.

McMissile: Woman Faces Two Years In Prison For Throwing McDonald's Cup

STAFFORD, VA -- Her crime? Flinging a McDonald's cup of ice into a car that had cut her off on the highway in Stafford.

Twenty-five-year-old Jessica Hall of Jacksonville, North Carolina says she was mad when it all happened last summer, but never expected this.

She says the car driven by a DC man and his girlfriend merged in front of her twice on Interstate 95, as she, her kids and her pregnant sister were driving to New York. Hall flung the McDonald's cup over her car and into the other car, where it flew across the driver and landed all over his girlfriend.

To locals and even some of Hall's fellow inmates, the story is known as the McMissile case.

A Stafford County judge instructed the jury that any physical object can be a missile and be propelled by any force, including throwing.

The jury convicted Hall and recommended the minimum of two years in prison.

A judge will formally impose the sentence Wednesday.

She only got probation...............

Good arm though!
laugh.gif

Glad she only got probation, she has been in jail since January 4th, husband is on his third tour in Iraq and kids have been living with relatives. Would have been a miscarriage of justice to give her a prison sentence. The guy in the car that precipitated this event should be glad he didn't do this in SoCal. He would have gotten shot instead of a cup full of ice. Not to say she was justified in what she did, she could have caused a serious accident. Should be a lesson for everyone, chill out and don't be in such a big hurry that you jeapordize your safety and that of others. I have found that if you even leave one car lenght between you and the car in front of you there will be some bunghole that will try and squeeze in.

Glad she only got probation but even that was extreme. That's why I drive a dually. Ever been squeezed off the road by a big truck??
wink.gif
laugh.gif

I understand that she has a rough family situation but you can throw shib at people because your day sucks.

Imagine if it was one of us and we went down because some a$$ hat decided to throw something that blinded our view.

Just a bit of common courtesy would go a long way in helping those situations you do not know whats going on in some guys or girls mind that day, people have ben shot for doing less

(ToyKraz @ Feb. 21 2007,13:12) Glad she only got probation but even that was extreme. That's why I drive a dually. Ever been squeezed off the road by a big truck??  
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Was that you tonight ?  I thought that was you......almost got me into the curb...hope you didn't take that whole middle-finger thing seriously.....
super.gif

poke.gif

Whoops, I almost forgot...."We now return you to your regularly scheduled post thread...."
cool.gif

all_coholic.gif

oh, waht're we talkin about? o yea-throwin crap aint the big deal here-its stickin around ta get caught!
firedevil.gif

and what was the guy driving? a rag-top? "flung the McDonald's cup over her car and into the other car" ?
SHOCKED.gif

good arm, baby-you get that from yer hubby showin ya how to toss grenades?
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

Should have got 30 days at least. You guys forget, what if she blinded the driver, even for a minute? What then? A wrek, someone now hurt. How about the Busa rider he turned into to avoid the ice?
rock.gif
No one should play this way, the guy who cut her off is an a$$ but he didn't attack her! A few lines above said it best " Just a bit of common courtesy would go a long way "

(heavybusa @ Feb. 21 2007,20:31) I understand that she has a rough family situation but you can throw shib at people because your day sucks.

Imagine if it was one of us and we went down because some a$$ hat decided to throw something that blinded our view.
I saw it on TV last night, she threw the ice from the drivers seat across her sister in law, out her window and into the other car. They were not moving which is why the guy cut her off, he was trying to cut through lanes. Bad decision yes 2 years in prison give me a break......... The judge reduced it, the DA should have his ass handed to him for taking a bad case, he could have resolved this out of court.

My personal opinion is that I get really frustrated when a pedophile or 10 time DUI, drug dealer, rapist or worse gets probation because a deal was worked before court. What justice would have come from this? No damage, not even a scratch or stain on the car..... When I was a cop my DA would have booted me out the door if I had brought this to his office....

COMMON SENSE PREVAILS!

I hear ya CAp it is trivial and there are more important things going on in the world.

But it still bothers me that people are not punished for their bad judgment regardless of the crime.

I'll keep this rant to myself, thanks for the details.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 22 2007,10:23) I hear ya CAp it is trivial and there are more important things going on in the world.

But it still bothers me that people are not punished for their bad judgment regardless of the crime.

Rant on......
smile.gif
I just want to see a fair punishment... In reality in that situation do you see 2 years as excessive? The kids and her husband are going to suffer too... How about community service or a fine, maybe financial restitution for nothing that was damaged...... If she had been traveling 55mph and chunked a rock yeah I say nail her but because some preppie got wet in his convertible at a stop, I just dont see it... Maybe she could pay for mental anguish.....

Maybe they could all have a nice big cup of shut the f*** up and go about their tiny little lives and stop all the BS on the roads! I live in NY and this crap happens to me all the time, someone cuts me off I blow my horn next thing you know they are stopped in front of me telling me to get out of my truck. I mostly sit there and laugh at them! The one person who pulled a baseball bat out of his trunk on me got hit (hard) by my truck, atleast I didnt shoot him!

(captain @ Feb. 22 2007,11:54)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 22 2007,10:23) I hear ya CAp it is trivial and there are more important things going on in the world.

Rant on......
smile.gif
I just want to see a fair punishment... In reality in that situation do you see 2 years as excessive? The kids and her husband are going to suffer too... How about community service or a fine, maybe financial restitution for nothing that was damaged...... If she had been traveling 55mph and chunked a rock yeah I say nail her but because some preppie got wet in his convertible at a stop, I just dont see it... Maybe she could pay for mental anguish.....
Yes I agree that 2yrs is excessive and that making her family suffer is not the correct punishment here. And yes the prep probably did deserve it.

But is it the courts responsibility to make sure that her punishment matches her situation or should the court ensure that the punishment matches the crime.

In this situation whether its a cup, rock, or hand grenade the crime is sending a projectile in the direction of another motor vehicle (i am not quoting the code here) but the point is that she let her actions get out of hand with out thinking about the repercussion's.

I do have mercy on her family, but I am tired of people not being held responsible for their actions.

That is part of the problem in this world, kids under 18 killing people because they wont get prosecuted and underage celebrities in rehab for doing things that are old enough to do.

Soon it will be acceptable to shoot someone with a rubber bullet because they didnt die.

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 22 2007,12:27) Maybe they could all have a nice big cup of shut the f*** up and go about their tiny little lives and stop all the BS on the roads! I live in NY and this crap happens to me all the time, someone cuts me off I blow my horn next thing you know they are stopped in front of me telling me to get out of my truck. I mostly sit there and laugh at them! The one person who pulled a baseball bat out of his trunk on me got hit (hard) by my truck, atleast I didnt shoot him!
I hear ya on that, its s dayum shame we have to defend our well being for making an error while driving.

Her probation should consist of a good anger management program(40-60 hours of counseling) and then a few speeches around town, about what a knuckle head she was. Nothing better than a little honesty about yourself,coming from yourself to make some improvements.
super.gif

(Spudley @ Feb. 22 2007,00:45)
(ToyKraz @ Feb. 21 2007,13:12) Glad she only got probation but even that was extreme. That's why I drive a dually. Ever been squeezed off the road by a big truck??  
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Was that you tonight ?  I thought that was you......almost got me into the curb...hope you didn't take that whole middle-finger thing seriously.....
super.gif

poke.gif

Whoops, I almost forgot...."We now return you to your regularly scheduled post thread...."
cool.gif
Probably! Lucky I didn't see the finger or I would've had to 45 your A**!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back