T-Rex Spools/Rearstand Isn't Working Well...

goblinsix

Registered
Ok...I installed the T-Rex 8mm spools for the rear swingarm after a little drama with having to clean out the chrome residue from the threads. Got them installed---no problem. Ordered a T-Rex rearstand as well.

Then I noticed a problem....:banghead:

I put the bike level and had my g/f hold it upright. As I put the stand arms under the spools and attempted to lift it up I stopped just as I noticed that the metal top flange of the rearstand bracket was going to drag itself up the side of my swingarm. I guess that the 8mm spools sit pretty deep against the swingarm, and there is very little clearance between the arms on the rearstand and the actual bike....which means the two are going to make contact.

It looks like I might need to put some spacers in between those spools and the arm in order to keep those rearstand lift arms from scratching the heck out of my new chrome swingarm. Has anyone encountered this by chance?

I've always used Pitbull on my prior bikes with zero problems. I'm not really happy about this setup.

Ive got a Trexx with "L" brackets. Its a normal width stand and fits my 240 arm. Odd that the spool setup is to narrow. Washers and spacers:thumbsup:

got the same stand, and its a close fit. ive never had any issues with it, but i did wrap the brackets with some tape just to be safe.

Ive had to use a couple washers before for the same reason.

I know you dont want to hear this now, But I got a Redline Stand that does not use spools, No worries.

===================================================================

000_2769.jpg

000_2771.jpg

I gave my trex rear stand away in part because of that. THe other was that the handle is way too short and is a real pain to get the bike lifted. I went back to the cheap suzuki stand. worked a lot better.

I did a wide search last week for some stands for a friend
he ended up with the vortex ones
I was just looking in harbor freight on line sight they have standds for $39 bucks they look pretty sturdy also

Back